1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my bonnet shutting properly ?

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by RouX Renard, Jun 11, 2017.

1. RouX Renard

RouX Renard Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Millie Copen 1.3
    Mollie Mazda 323F
    Hi, I'm an excited Copen newbie. Just got a Dec 2009 1.3 I've named Millie. When I shut the bonnet there is still about a quarter inch gap along the front. The bonnet can be pushed down a quarter inch and 'bumps' flush when you do that, but it does not shut tight. I don't mind the quarter inch gap, but I don't like the play and the potential noise over bumps. Any ideas? Are Copens like this? Or am I missing an internal rubber strip or something to make it shut tight? Thanks in anticipation.

2. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    Mine is exactly as you describe and I had the same concerns. Happily it doesn't rattle over bumps and seems to be quite normal. I'm a 59 plate too but haven't yet got around to naming it.

RouX Renard likes this.
  3. shane

shane Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 0.66
    There are some rubber bits either side that the bonnet shuts onto on the inside front of the bonnet, they push down onto the plastic part below as the bonnet closes. I screwed mine out a bit to reduce the play. Don't go too mad, it might be possible to set them so high that the bonnet won't open properly.

RouX Renard and Your Majesty like this.