1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 180k km too high?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MarlonK, Mar 16, 2020.

1. MarlonK

MarlonK Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    1999 Mazda MX-5 (NB)
    Heyo, I'm new to the forum - looking at buying a Copen. I'm wondering if anyone could give me advice on what sort of condition the vehicle is likely to be in at 180,000km, what sort of things I might need to look out for when inspecting it, or whether I should not be considering it at all at that level of milage. The engine was rebuilt in 2017.
    Note: it's a 2003 model.

2. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    Only potential problem I can think of is the turbo, but you say the engine was rebuilt so the turbo should be fine. What I'd be most concerned about is why the engine was rebuilt, what was wrong with it before

3. Frankey

Frankey Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3, Suzuki Alto 1.0
    Hey,
    My Copen has driven around 200k km. I and the previous owner didn't have any major problems, besides regular maintenance things.
    I have a 2007 1.3 Copen, so not the 2003 Turbo model. I've heard from others that the Turbo on those models is the only thing to look out for. As long as it got regular maintenance it should be ok.