Interior noise/front roof hinges not locking

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by tyke, Feb 29, 2016.

1. tyke

tyke Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen imported to Thailand from Japan
    I was surprised how quiet the Copen was with the roof down. Today I took it out for the first time with the roof up, totally different story!

The roads in Thailand are mostly not good, especially the small town I live in. The front roof hinges make a lot of noise. The passenger one doesn't seem to lock down properly and constantly rattles and the drivers side doesn't rattle but pops open a bit when I go over a bumpy stretch of road.

There's also some rattling behind me but it was busy in town and I was on my own so I couldn't determine what that is yet.

Any fixes for the front hinges not snapping closed ?

2. Gwyn

Gwyn Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    i10
    Check the passenger seatbelt is not causing a rattling sound - this is usually one of the culprits

3. Andrew

Andrew Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    03 copen
  4. tyke

tyke Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Thanks Andrew, obviously a proven fix that works. My problem is when I close the front latches, especially the passenger one, the 'cover' doesn't snap closed over the hinge and pops open when I go over a bump, that's what rattles the most.

Actually my trip into town to look at a replacement DVD/GPS player was the only time I had my roof closed in the short time I have had it!
    Went for dinner and a ride around tonight at 6 pm, back at 7.30 (for footy on TV), and the weather is just perfect at that time of night, no sun to burn my face!

5. jez77

jez77 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    2000 Toyota RAV4
    Most people shove the sun visor under the clip to stop that rattle.
    Works for me

6. tyke

tyke Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Ah, I was using the sun visor over the clip to try to keep it in place but they are a bit flimsy and move around anyway.