Interesting 58 plate for sale in Surrey

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by JulesAtCumbria, Mar 16, 2014.

1. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
  2. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    apart from a very bad job on de-daihatsuing the windbreak?

non matching mats - one def not original.

have to say not a fan of the yellow light and red car with black alloy combo

3. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    The alloys look like they've been sprayed with a black aerosol at the side of the road in a gale.
    I thought all the 1.3 Copens had red leather interiors? The steering wheel on that car looks like it has been dyed, it doesn't look right. That's the first cloth seats and door panels mk11 I've seen. As I said I thought they were all red leather.

4. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Haha, DaG, :D I love the picture of spraying those lovely shiny alloys black at the side of the road in a gale!

Genius!

Yeah, I guess the owner went for the dark look - red, black and mean - the black cloth interior just doesn't quite do it for me.

Still, each to their own...

DaG likes this.
  5. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    I believe red seats and Momo steering wheel were optional extras but most buyers went for these options so are more common than not having them.

6. Barry Copen

Barry Copen Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    58 reg. R40 red 1.3 Copen; now gone, I'm afraid.
    11 reg. MX5 2.0 Kendo
    68 reg. BMW 1 Series
    I'm as sure as I can be that I've just bought this Copen. Are your comments more taste related or do you think I've got a dud????

7. Neil50

Neil50 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen, yellow red leather interior
    2006 525d BMW 5 Series Touring MSport
    Audi A2
    I think they are talking more about the aesthetics. It is service history your need to be more on top of. People like to personalise their own cars which may not be to the liking of others. They may not have a flow of money and may, therefore try to change with the most economical means i.e. paint etc. For example, the centre dash in "waspy" is now covered in red carbon fibre vinyl and the front grill is now sprayed red. This is a personal touch to make it different from all of the other yellow copens out there. It is to our liking but may not be to the liking of others, but that is why it is a personal choice. If you have not got a full-service history, I would at least look at doing a full service yourself asap. The yellow management light kept coming on after we bought waspy, I have cured this by fitting new iridium plugs. It also has a new air filter and will be getting an oil and filter change. Then it will be gearbox oil and coolant.

8. Barry Copen

Barry Copen Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    58 reg. R40 red 1.3 Copen; now gone, I'm afraid.
    11 reg. MX5 2.0 Kendo
    68 reg. BMW 1 Series
    Thank you. The service history looks full (dealer & other stamps in the service schedule book) although it wasn't serviced exactly every 12 months or 9,000 miles; I took the view that as it had only done 24k miles in 8 years, I would be very unlucky if this proved a problem. Different (as I understand it) to the servicing schedule for the 659s, which has to be much more frequent and important. The car also came with a brand new MOT and I had it serviced in the first week I had it.

9. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    The 1.3 Liter engine is quite durable, but if you can see black/brownish crud when you open the oil filler cap, you might want to change your oil again soon to flush out the buildup