immobilizer car wont start

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by hiramscodd, Apr 28, 2015.

1. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    Copen whoes today!!!

car went for mot and passed with flying colours ,however when i went to pick it up it wouldn't start?

No spark at the plug and apparently no fuel getting through.Had to leave it at the garage but they looked a bit stuck and i need it back for our bank holiday trip:-(:)-((

any ideas |Copen experts?

its a 53 plate 600 cc with 45 though on it

2. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    you mention immobiliser in topic. I had an immobiliser issue on an Ibiza; it would turn over and as soon as it fired it stopped. it was caused by the solder on the dash circuitry aging, fixed by resoldering the dash circuits. Is this anything like your car's symptoms?

3. threepot

threepot Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, Hijet, Celica, and Yaris!
    If you struggle to get this fixed bring it to my place http://www.autofaultfinder.com

I can read keys and know my way round both copens and auto electronic.

Could be the key, a crank sensor, a fuse, a relay.... only testing will find out.

4. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    Thanks for replys guys ,turned out to be a blown fuse for the efi ? 20A one.

Thankfully didnt charge me ,no idea why it blew though.

5. threepot

threepot Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, Hijet, Celica, and Yaris!
    A couple of times a week I get cars brought down, often by other garages with "immobiliser" problems. Out of the approximately 1100 cars I fixed last year, there was only 1 car with an actual immobiliser fault, where the customer had dropped the keys which had fallen apart and lost the transponder chip in the process. The other common description is faulty ECU - I have swapped about 4 ECU's in the last 12 months, and Injector fault - I changed zero petrol injectors in the last 12 months, and about 3 Diesel injectors.