1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idle speed fluctuating 1.3

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Cornish Copen, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Cornish Copen

Cornish Copen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Honda CRV
    Honda Jazz
    When warm my 1.3 58 plate idle speed is fluctuating between 1000 and 1500 rpm every second. my thoughts are it could be the idle control valve, but this is just a guess. Anyone have any experience of this?
    Also, I think this is a Yaris engine, if so, does anyone know if Toyota bits will fit? presumably these will be cheaper and more readily available. The throttle assembly on my sons 05 plate 1.3 Yaris looks very similar.
    Amy help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    The 1.3L engine is very similar to the one in the Yaris. The Sirion and Terios also had this engine.
    Check to see if it's not a bad filter or spark plug causing the problem before replacing more expensive bits.

3. Cornish Copen

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Honda CRV
    Honda Jazz
    Thanks for the information. It is not a rough idle it is a regular increase and decrease in revs. So it does not feel like a dud plug, plus the minimum idle speed is way to high now. Air filter has only done about 500 miles. When cold she is fine. Just priced a idle control valve at £400! So I do need to make sure it is that before I go replacing bits. Thanks

4. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    This is for hondas, but from your description it fits:

5. Cornish Copen

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Honda CRV
    Honda Jazz
    Hi Salieri - thanks for the video, guess what I will be doing tonight? Will let you know how I get on.