1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love my Pippin!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pippin, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Pippin

Pippin Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen (and a retro scooter!)
    Hi all - bit late coming on this forum as I bought my Copen in June 2011.

All I can say is it's one of the best things I've ever done. Had a Smart Roadster for 7 years before this but it's not a patch on my Pippin :) I love the sound of her turbo when she accelerates. Sounds really daft but first time I saw one in the flesh (when going for a test drive) it made my heart skip, love at first sight (although I didnt buy that particular one).

I've not had issues with any spares...yet...but I'm sure I'll be posting in the near future for advice/help. Just fitted a leather & chrome gear knob and a red wind deflector - I decorated her with tinsel at Christmas just to add to the cuteness factor!

A lot of you may have yours as a weekend car but mine is used in all weathers, all the time. The hard suspension took some getting used to but the fun of driving her more than compensated for that. I hope you ALL love yours as much as I do mine!!!! :):)

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Pippin, Welcome to Copenworld. Happy one year ownership anniversary. :D
    Glad you decided to join us.
    My car is my daily driver too. :cool:

3. Pippin

Pippin Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Thank you Adam!

Someone had kerbed mine before I'd bought it (horrid scratches under front bumper) subsequently discovered it had damaged exhaust upto turbo :-(( but would you believe I got a FULL stainless system (turbo back), custom fit with a lifetime warranty, for LESS than a standard one from a Daihatsu dealer. It sounds whisper quiet (she was anyway) and am getting better MPG.

I'll have to post some piccies of her slightly beefier tailpipes!

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Yep stainless is the way to go over the expensive standard system.
    Look forward to your pictures. I like looking at what modifications owners make to there Copens. Give's me more ideas.

5. Clothcat

Clothcat Copenworld Newbie

I've been driving mine daily for the last 6 years. Had it up for sale recently, but didn't try very hard to sell it. Want to keep it forever! Especially since I got my new exhaust (there's a seperate thread about this!) - sourced from ebay and fitted by a friend - cheap as chips!

6. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    welcome

I thought about smart raodster befor getting copen. Test driving the smart the gear change was awful and it had wet carpets from leaks, plus the engine noise was headache inducing. Drove the copen and it was just so much fun I had to have it. and yeah it's my daily drive too; 30 mile commute each way.

7. Pippin

Pippin Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    CLOTHCAT - I can understand where youre coming from regarding selling yours, bet it's heartbreaking. And I agree, the stainless exhaust is much better. I knew mine was on its way out when one of the tailpipes flew off at 50mph!!!

BINZ - My commute is 50 miles a day and I love it wrapped in my little Copen Bubble :) My Smart was getting expensive to run: 5 suspension springs snapped in 2 years, sump went twice, ball joints twice, door handle kept detatching so was locked in, leaked round wing mirrors, SAM unit got wet and sent electrics whappy which added on 1000's of miles on odometer every time you started it up eventhough it had been repaired - read 975,000 miles on it when sold it :eek: ......THEN I got my Copen - WHAT A DIFFERENCE! 6 years old and flies through it's MOT's, a solid & fun little car (my Dad feels at ease as this one's not made of plastic!)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  8. Pippin

Pippin Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Piccies of exhaust n deflector

Pic of new stainless system - rear pipes, lovely!
    SDC13934.jpg

Only slightly bigger than original but beefier all the same!
    SDC13897.jpg

Shows how tiny these really are (SLIGHT bit of perspective applied)
    SDC14036.jpg

New wind deflector, shame its STILL raining and cant get pics with roof down :0(
    SDC14128.jpg

My other baby - wanted something pink but Copen may not appreciate being resprayed, beautiful as she is!
    SDC13943.jpg

9. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    That exhaust looks great. :)

10. Pippin

Pippin Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Cheers Adam - get one for yours if you havent already!

11. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    When my pipes fall off, I definantly will go stainless.