I have a Copen!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sal, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Sal

Sal Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Subaru Impreza RB320
    Land Rover Defender
    Hello. Very excited to have my Copen, picked up yesterday. Wish it would stop raining though. Is it usual for the rain to run straight into the car when you open the boot..???!!!

2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    yes Sal, mostly at the back corners. This middle just overlaps the rear window. You just have to be aware of it in future. Especially if you have a wing as that holds up some water until you open it.

What colour and engine have you got?

3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Sal, Welcome to Copenworld.
    Also watch for water dripping onto your lap as you get in the car. Although it depends on how much beading you get from waxing.

4. quibbles

quibbles Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2008 Copen and an Avensis
    Welcome! I've had mine for a few months now and I'm still really excited to have it, although it's not really the best time of year for it. Can't wait till the spring!

5. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    It's been sunny today, hope you got the roof down.:D

6. issuefixed

issuefixed Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    yes
    Welcome Sal! Had mine for 6.5 years now, just the other day when waiting at a red light with the top down, a guy started snapping photos like crazy with his Leica M9! Put a big smile on me and my wife's face for a whole day.

7. quibbles

Car(s):
    You do see people staring at mine from time to time, but the only person who's said anything was a guy who cleaned my car at Tesco who said `nice innit?` :D

8. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I've mainly had derision about my Copen but that's from family and friends so means nothing.:p
    My daughter calls it a mushroom. I've also had noddy car, various references to hairdressers and warnings about avoiding puddles on roads incase it sinks.
    Do I care........NO! :-((

9. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    I've have some good comments at work. The women seem to like my mushroom! :-D
    Even guy in my office who criticises most things but who doesn't do or go anywhere thought it actually quite good when I showed it him and the roof working.

10. quibbles

Car(s):
    I've had good comments from all my workmates. My daughter sat in a red one with me when I was looking to buy one and didn't like it, but once she saw my grey one she thinks it's the coolest thing ever! Only downside is I can't pick her friends up in it. I have to take the dull old avensis.
    Mine's called Nobby because one kind friend pointed out that my registration number looked a bit like KNOB. (It's KM08). Ho ho....

11. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3

I'm thinking about getting a personalised plate, I don't want it to spell knob though.:D
    You need a backup car when you own a Copen. My wife has a dull old Picasso but we'd have problems if all we owned was a two seater. That wardrobe and chest of drawers we brought home from Ikea last week would have been a bit of a no no in the Copen.:)

12. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayne

I get heaps of bad comments about the copen - from being a girls car, gay, its not a real car - its a toy, a death trap, but i do kinda like one guys comment, when he asked " whats it like driving a crash helmet"

13. Sal

Sal Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Subaru Impreza RB320
    Land Rover Defender
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome. I have now discovered where the water runs and now finally enjoyed the roof down experience. I took the kids out (one by one) in it and they think its ace too.
    However, anyone know where I can get a duplicate handbook. Not happy its missing from the wallet...
    By the way, its a 2004 black 0.7l.

14. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
  15. Sal

Sal Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Subaru Impreza RB320
    Land Rover Defender
    Thanks for the link. I'll have a look.