1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bluefish, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Bluefish

Bluefish Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen only
    I have a Silver Copen. I will be doing my first own service next week and am looking for a workshop manual. It's the 659cc one.
    Thanks

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi bluefish, Welcome to Copenworld.
    The workshop manual is available in the directory section at the top of the forum.
    You need to make at least five more posts on the site before access is given to download the file.
    Getting to the oil filter is the hard bit.

3. Silver Rollerskate

Silver Rollerskate Copenworld Member

Changed oil, oil filter, air filter yesterday.
    Waiting for new spark plugs to arrive now.
    The oil filter was definitely a pain. Ended up taking the bumper and the intercooler off to get decent access to the filter. There's no way I would have got the oil filter off through the gap in the engine mount!

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    It pays to buy & fit genuine Daihatsu filters. Other brands are too long & don't fit through the engine mount gap.
    Plus you really need a filter wrench cup.

5. Silver Rollerskate

Silver Rollerskate Copenworld Member

The correct size oil filter used and the filter cup wrench also used.
    When I previously tried to remove the filter from underneath I found that I didn't have enough room to 'turn' the spanner (between arms of engine mount). It was also very difficult to get any leverage to untighten the filter.
    I decided to 'go through' the front this time, then realised that removing the intercooler and hose would give me much more room. This also meant that I could get direct access to the filter.

I have to say that it did take me hours to remove and replace all the parts. Not really sure if I actually saved any money compared with taking it to the garage for a service, if I account for my time.

Still enjoying 'fiddling' with the Copen engine :)

6. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    I thought you meant you couldn't get the filter through the gap in the engine mount. :eek:

It's the only bad feature about the 659 Copen. :(