1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Adelegreenough, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Adelegreenough

Adelegreenough Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi,

I'm new to Copenworld and just wanted to say hello!

I've just bought my first Copen, a black 2004 with red leather interior.

Can anyone recommend any good websites for interior parts?

Thanks

Adele x

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  3. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    What items were you thinking of?

Adam, you best lest her know about the regular oil changes require to stop the turbo going pop and then costing circa £1000. Although for a solicitor that would be easy money.

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Adele, If you haven't already done so, have a reads of this:
    https://www.copenworld.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1078

A tip that raised it head recently that I thought was common Copen ownership knowledge. If you put something in the boot, make sure you retract the blind/seperator thing. This de-activates the roof. So you won't close the roof forgetting there is something in there. Thus saving you a lot of grief, a dented roof, a broken window or just a jammed mechanism.

5. Adelegreenough

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Thanks Adam, ha ha ha just my luck missing out on the eBay sale! I like the sound of the roof latch covers so I'll go check out that site now. Thanks!

6. Adelegreenough

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Oh dear trustafox! How regular are we talking?

I was thinking maybe getting some chrome accessories, new gear knob, sills etc. I also am considering replacing the seats. I would go identical, the standard red leather, but because mine have become shiny over the years I think it would look good to have them replaced.

I have always wanted a Copen so I want to do anything I can to keep it in perfect condition but maybe make some tweaks to liven it up a bit too :)

7. Adelegreenough

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Thanks for the article Adam, I didn't check anywhere mentioned for the rusting before I bought...I'm travelling back to my parents tomorrow so I think I may have to get my dad to check it over too! (Pretty sad at 30 but never mind!)

8. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    That's what dads are for. I still take my new cars round to my folks to get the "have I got a good deal here?" approval.

9. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Every 3000 miles for the oil change for the turbo. Get your oil filter wrench warmed up! Its also a bit tricky to get at and you need the right sized filter to fit through the gap.

You can easily get an after market gear knob to suit your taste. The other parts are specific though.

Replace the whole seat or just recover?

In mine I have changed the gear knob and painted the rings red.

[​IMG]

10. Adelegreenough

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    He was impressed...he laughed a bit at the size of it but said it suited me (I'm only 5'2" so it actually is a pretty big car for me!) he checked it over and gave it the thumbs up so happy days!

11. Adelegreenough

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Thanks for the info, I think I might do a full change and filter straight away just to be on the safe side. I'm not too sure when the last owner did one so it isn't worth the risk!

I was initially thinking the whole seat - but in hindsight the seat is fine so I could get away with a recover. Can you recommend any good places?

I really love the red rings around the controls! That is a brilliant idea...do you mind if I steal it? I like the carbon fibre cover too, it looks really good.

I took it out for it's first full run down the motorway today, it did really well!

I saw another Copen in champagne speeding down the M6, keeping up with the big boys in the fast lane! I haven't pushed mine because I'm scared of killing it but I did have a giggle when I saw one going for it :)