1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from Qld Austraila

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jimmy, May 2, 2018.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen, Daihatsu mira, Daihatsu Move, SA310 Suzuki Swift, VX Holden Commodore
    Hi all,
    Mrs and I are new copen owner's (the car is her's but I drive it just as much). We are long time daihatsu owners and besides the copen we own a mira (project car) and a Move (daily fun car for me!)
    We have owned the copen for a month and mr's is already talking about getting a bit more out of it. Once some other things are taken car of it will be looked at.

2. gotboost?

gotboost? Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    Welcome to the forum! There's a few Queensland owners (and ex-owners like me) that hang around here, so there's no doubt you'll be able to arrange a meetup at some point.

3. Jimmy

Jimmy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen, Daihatsu mira, Daihatsu Move, SA310 Suzuki Swift, VX Holden Commodore
    hey mate thankyou, I'm sure I will I know quite alot of daihatsu owner's in QLD. Here is a pic from a daihatsu meet on the weekend. Mine is the one on the right and the one on the left is a friends. We both haven't owned them for very long.

Attached Files:

4. Jimmy

Jimmy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    I am actually making a guess that you are the previous owner of my friends copen. or I bought mine off you? Would I be correct?

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  5. gotboost?

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    Yep, the left hand one is the one I sold recently. Small world, huh?
    Is he enjoying it?

6. Jimmy

Jimmy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    yeh he is loving it. I was drooling over it when you had it for sale also but didn't quite have the funds at the time. Always is a small world in the daihatsu world In Australia. He's taking it to our daihatsu track day on Sunday at Lakeside and there will be another copen there also. Mine won't be as I will be in my Daihatsu Move. There will actually be 5 daihastu move's on track so it will be quite a laugh. I have done a Ateam style paint job with mine so it's easy to pick from the other's and I was going to be turbo for it but due to some circumstances I will just be N/A. If youv'e got nothing on drop out and have a look if your interested. Think its from 12 and we get 4 or 5 runs for the day.

7. gotboost?

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    I'd love to come, except I'm away for the weekend. Would've been good to see my old Copen screaming around the track!

Jimmy likes this.
  8. Jimmy

Jimmy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    There is another one in October at Qld raceway. I'm not sure if he is going to enter but I may try to convince him and have mine in it too unless I turbo the move in the mean time. I will get some pics and link the video for you after the day.

9. gotboost?

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    Sounds good to me mate! Can't wait to see it.

Jimmy likes this.
  10. Jimmy

Jimmy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    sorry I took so long i completely forgot this video is more of a people video than race but has a few track scene's and your old copen is in there too and another silver one. I am in the "A Team" inspired move. I crapped out in the 3rd sessionand lost all my gears due to my clutch slipping. I was happy with how I did for the day. My wife came along on the day as a spectator and loved it so she has booked in to the October 14th event we have coming up at Queensland raceway and I believe you former copen will be there too. :)

TriVille and Salieri like this.
  11. gotboost?

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    Just watching the video now dude. Love the editing and OH BOY, DO I MISS THAT COPEN!!

Jimmy likes this.
  12. marnob

marnob Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen L880K 2004
    Me too, cool video, well done..
    Never knew you could do track days like that?

13. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    *peers* That's a Daihatsu Suzuki Swift GTi then? :p I found the Copen when I couldn't get hold of another Swift GTi, wish I'd never sold my old one :/

14. Jimmy

Jimmy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    yeh had one suzuki in there and a reno clio also. This is only the 2nd time we have done a track day and this the closest to having all daihatsu's on track. The owner of the swift has a 1.5L turbo charade but it wasn't fixed in time so he had to bring the swift which ended up coming off track just up from me when I did. I lost gears due to my clutch slipping and he had coolant burst out and slid him off track. We were the only 2 that did not finish.