1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from Oxfordshire

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by martyndh, Nov 1, 2013.

1. martyndh

martyndh Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Suzuki Splash
    Qpod
    Pilote
    Hello there I have been after a Kei Car for a long time and kept missing out. Eventually a 1298 Copen(I think that's the right cc?) appeared on Ebay from a dealer in Essex who took my 1990 Lotus Elan in part exchange. He even drove the Copen(now called Cindy) from Essex to here(150 miles) and took the Lotus back with him. I must admit I was sorry to see the Lotus go but I had got it out of my system and our idea is that the Cindy will be ideal to tow behind our Campervan. Took her out for a test drive this afternoon and it was all I thought it would be and more!! Even the Wife was impressed. The insurance was unbelievable £120 fully comp!! Our insurance companies amaze me - started at £148 for me alone 3rd party. £116 for the wife also to drive and an extra £4.00 fully comp. Admittedly we are in our late 50's but still reckon that's good
    regards to all
    Martyn and Ann

2. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    i'm in Abingdon.
    my insurance was.... £500 !
    guess I have less experience.

3. quibbles

quibbles Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2008 Copen and an Avensis
    Welcome! Pleased to see you're already realising what a terrific little car the Copen is. I think our insurance is about the same as yours, and we're in our fifties too.

4. princess

princess Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    just got our second copen 04 reg. we also have a brand new vw bettle!!!!
    Wish mine was that cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-((