1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by baobab68, May 23, 2014.

1. baobab68

baobab68 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Toyota Echo, Copen 0.7L
    New member from Sydney Australia here.

Have long lusted after being a Copen owner, since back in the days when I saw one live in the flesh on the showroom floor of my local Toyota dealership.

Those days are long gone, but am just about to go into business for myself and looking for an affordable second car for myself, and thought I might look at a Copen.

I can't find one here in Australia to look at "in person"...a few for sale on local car buying websites...but none near to me in Sydney.

If anyone's anywhere near the Inner West of Sydney and would be happy to show off their Copen, I'd love to come and have a look!

I'm a roaming computer repair guy and I have some doubts about the Copen's boot space... I don't mind keeping the roof up when I'm working, if it might be possible to fit a couple of computer towers in the trunk?

Anyway, just saying hello at this stage...I'll be making a purchase soon, so if anyone's an Aussie in Sydney, say hi!

2. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi baoba68, welcome to the forum.
    There's a few owners on here based in Oz maybe one of them can help you if they are in your area.
    The boot is a reasonable size if you are putting flat-ish items in I would have though you'd get a couple of towers in ok if you lay them on their side.

3. grunt

grunt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi A4
    2003 Copen 659
    yep - most of the current Oz ones are either regional or WA.

There's one near Campbelltown on Carsales now (closest to you) - and a couple on Gumtree in Wollongong and one in Maitland (actually the Maitland one is advertised cheaper on Carsales too).

I just bought one in WA and am having that sent over next week - so you might need to be prepared to go further afield for one if you want a good one.

You'd probably get mini-towers in but you'd want to make sure you have a way of tying them down securely

cheers
    Grunt

4. baobab68

Car(s):
    Toyota Echo, Copen 0.7L
    There is one in glen iris Victoria with the red leather seats. I'm considering flying down to look at.

Any reason you didn't consider it? Low kms...

5. grunt

grunt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi A4
    2003 Copen 659
    That's pretty much what I got from WA - silver with red leather.

The freight price from WA to Brisbane worked out to only about $300 more than Vic - and the car I picked up for about the same price as the Glen Iris one - had only done 50,000KM - so it seems a good buy so far.

The only difference seems to be an extra week to transport it due to a derailment on the Nullabor a week ago that has a freight backlog still. That gives me time to surf the Japanese and German websites for upgrades to order I guess :)

There was a Red one in Melbourne I was about to fly down for - but it sold over Easter and the seller forgot to take the advert down.

6. baobab68

Car(s):
    Toyota Echo, Copen 0.7L
  7. baobab68

Car(s):
    Toyota Echo, Copen 0.7L
    Had the first service today and all that was needed was a little tightening of the rear brakes and the obligatory oil filter change. Maybe I'm just feeling what I expected to feel but Buzz seems to have a bit more get up and go now!