1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DaG, Jul 11, 2012.

1. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I bought an 08 reg 1.3 a couple of weeks ago & as a change from other threads in this section, I didn't buy it for my wife.:)
    The rock hard suspension is taking a bit of getting used to & as an aside you don't realise how bad our roads are until you drive a Copen. I live in Sunderland & had to travel to Doncaster to buy the car, I just hope that in a few months time my fillings haven't rattled out & I regret buying it. My daughter calls it the mushroom, but I can handle the jokes about its lack of stature.:mad:
    I've been reading this board for a good few months now, (I've been looking for a Copen since February) & so decided to join up.
    See you all later, Dave G.

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Dave, Welcome to CopenWorld. Glad you decided to join us.
    You'll get use to the hard ride. You'll learn where all the bumps are on your route to work & start driving around them.

3. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    Welcome

"You'll learn where all the bumps are on your route to work & start driving around them"
    yep. And on motorways looking ahead to see which lane has smoothest (re)surface plus playing the game of missing the catseyes when changing lane - or maybe that's just me.
    It's all worth it for the fun of whizzing around winding country roads.
    After buying the copen, for the first time in about 20 years I went out for a drive just for the fun of driving.

4. Clothcat

Clothcat Copenworld Newbie

So it's not just me that dodges cats eyes!

5. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
  6. nertman

nertman Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    57 plate copen
    Customised MGTF
    Nissan Terrano
    Suzuki GSR
    Kawasaki W800
    copen hard!!!

guys believe me when i say the copen is pure heven when comparing to our MGTF sprint,standard with lowered and stiffened springs

As yet i have never had the cd jump in the copen,with the mg you have to back off on bumpy roads and then maybe you will hear the whole track.

On smooth roads it's pure handling bliss

7. Pippin

Pippin Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen (and a retro scooter!)
    I agree wholeheartedly - I myself have learnt the route to work and back, to the shops, my parents...etc to avoid potholes, nobbly bits, deep grates and catseyes. Must admit that it doesnt feel as bad with the roof down.

But after all that neck jolting and wincing AINT IT WORTH IT!!!! :)

8. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Yes, I've already started to do that.:)
    I started a week long mini holiday in the peak district with the mrs today & I miss the Copen already. My wife doesn't travel light so we have had to take her diesel MPV, dull as dishwater to drive. :(
    Anyway, thanks for the welcome Adam & Binz.

9. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I started a thread earlier in the week but it hasn't appeared on the forum.
    Is that a glitch or will it have contravened a rule I didn't know about.
    It was about a Copen I saw advertised which had a lot of after market bits stuck on it. The thread seemed pretty harmless & the pictures were worth seeing.

10. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi, welcome to copenworld, and congratulations on your purchase.

Your other thread is now visible here.

We had a bit of a problem with spammers on the forums a few weeks ago, so I've implemented some automatic controls which means that some threads are occasionally held back for checking before they are published. It makes a best guess at what might be spam, but like all automatic systems it doesn't always get it right. I haven't had the time to check for a few days, so there was a bit of a delay before it was published, sorry :eek:

11. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3

Ok, thanks for the reply.:)

12. Buckshot

Buckshot Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2007 Daihatsu Copen
    2017 Volvo S60 BSR
    Yes the suspension is hard. I have a question; Which one is the worst? Stock wheels or 195/40-16? That is my Copen.