Hey all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by miller, Jul 1, 2016.

1. miller

miller Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Evo 1RS, E28 M535i
    So I'm here on a mission to find my wife a Copen...:cool:

Apparently if I'm allowed my 'sports' cars so is she, and who am I to argue.:smirk:

Anyways, as a car enthusiast I much prefer buying off other enthusiasts who have cherished the car regardless. There are a couple on here I have contacted for further info...

Out of interest, how ridiculous am I going to look at 6'4'' driving it home? >:)

I'm after the 0.6 version, want the leather and a full service history. Other things I can deal with or bargain....

Thanks

Mike

2. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    There are a few on DoneDeal, Mike. One from an enthusiast in Mayo, although the D reg on her is feirce high for an Irish car.

Depending on when / where you're looking, I'm up for giving a hand. I'm based in Dublin

3. Bemused

Bemused Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    You'll fit in fine so long as you recline the seat and pull the steering wheel fully out. I'm in a similar position and size to you and have owned some bruisers in the past and recently got my wife a Copen.
    I never had expectations to like it but ... It's our car now!
    Keep it to smaller roads and it's an absolute blast to drive with roof down and whacking up the box at 8000 rpm. More fun than a performance motor IMO as you don't get into trouble with a Copen.

miller likes this.
  4. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    You will fit in just fine :D my husband is 6'1 and my son 6'3 and they fit in - sometimes together! In fact my son has managed to fit in the boot but that was just to prove that he could :D:D:D

miller likes this.
  5. miller

miller Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Evo 1RS, E28 M535i
    Ive seen the advert on that one and run a mile.....that's before even looking at the price!

Thanks for the offer, by the looks of the market its into the UK to get correct spec and looked after one. Its good to see other Irish enthusiasts though, gives me good hope for running this thing here!

Cheers

Mike

6. miller

miller Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Evo 1RS, E28 M535i
    I feel I may end up in a similar boat to you! From her car to ours. Good to hear ill fit in lol

7. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    I went to the UK and I wouldn't do it again - the VRT is high, shit tonne of rust because of the salted roads in the UK, and your insurance will be higher because it's an import. Stay the hell away from NVD - shower of cowboys in my experience.

I do agree that 5k EUR is stupid money. I'd be willing to pay 3k to 3.5k EUR for any of the 660cc models, provided the maintenance has been done

8. miller

miller Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Evo 1RS, E28 M535i
    Exactly.....maintenance and not had random body parts painted!!!

Number6 likes this.
  9. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Hah! I've a brand new black rear bumper for sale, if you need it - collection from Dublin.

BTW, if you get one, I've the Daihatsu dealer level ECU scanner.

miller likes this.
  10. miller

miller Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Evo 1RS, E28 M535i
    Well what can I say! I fit in....

I flew into Stansted yesterday, traveled to Romford, closed the deal and set off home. Thanks Bronaldo for all your help, its a cracking car...

I had 380miles in front of me to bond with this car, now I'm a real petrol head and always get a buzz driving something new to me. This wasn't my car and it wasn't about power. I have that in the garage at home. This is the Mrs 'cool' car not mine.. Though this journey I was looking forward to although don't tell the Mrs that!

Right from the first turn onto the road this thing intrigued me, the sharp precise turn and oh what about that quickness off the line! What a lovely noise this tiny 4pot makes....I really kept grinning to myself at just how go kart it felt. Sitting so close to the road and being cocooned really gives a sense of speed more so than most modern cars today. You really are alienated from your surroundings in a modern car.

So out of Romforf and a brief stop to fuel up....I will admit I had to google the fuel cap opening process!

Then it had to be done, roof down and onto M25. Having the roof down helped me go slower and get used to the car.I soon found the sweet spot around 3500-4000rpm between 65-70mph it buzzed happily along. A hint of rain just as I hit the M1 meant a quick stop at services and off again. It wasn't until I got to North Wales the sun appeared again.

That stretch of road alongside the coast, sun on face and some tunes bouncing really did make me laugh...I can best describe it like a 'happy' car. I would seriously challenge anyone who is 'down' or 'unhappy' to get into this and it not crack a smile for them!

I was nearing Holyhead and getting tired. I had been up since 3am and the Ferry wasn't due to dock in Dublin until midnight. I wouldn't make it home until 1am....

The car was performing faultlessly, a trait I love about the Japanese cars and proving why I am a JDM car enthusiast. I really didn't want to hand it over the Mrs this morning....but on the other hand a happy wife is a happy life isn't it!

I'm tired now, catching up with a days work missed yesterday.

Big thumbs up for the Copen!

Number6 likes this.
  11. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Vivid 0.7
    This really did make me so happy to read :)

I did everything I could to look after it - truly was my pride and joy!

Glad you are going to follow on with that passion and love for it.

Absolute little gem :)

For such a low down ride and little car, the driving experience is unique and so brilliant.

When I read 'tunes' I hope I didn't leave a CD in the radio! :p

While I won't be around on this forum as much anymore, I'll still pop in to see how my baby is doing :)

12. Bemused

Bemused Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    My thoughts exactly