1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hesitation under load

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by boodies, Nov 12, 2014.

1. boodies

boodies Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2006 Daihatsu Copen
    2000 Nissan S15 Silvia
    So my 660cc turbo Copen has a fairly major hesitation when I accelerate suddenly - it will almost "sneeze" or cough violently two or three times before revving up as usual.

If I keep the foot down through the gears and rev it out the hesitation doesn't occur. It only happens when you first try to accelerate, for instance, out of a roundabout or a corner.

I don't think it's a spark plug issue as the previous owner only replaced them at the last service. I've also just filled the car with ultra-premium fuel, so it's not a dodgy fuel issue.

I've only just purchased the car, which is otherwise perfect and in great condition. This is one problem I'm keen to fix!

If anyone has encountered this problem before, or has any suggestions as to what this might be, I'd greatly appreciate your input. Cheers!

2. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    I build 2-stroke engines and if those symptoms appear it's usually fuelling so I would suggest a faulty lambda sensor?