Help up north

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Lotscott, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Lotscott

Lotscott Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Diahatsu Copen 2006
    Hi!

I bought my beautiful new Copen at the start of the summer (perfect timing for the most gorgeous weather!)

Since returning from a fantastic drive to through France I seem to have developed some wiring problems - roof and boot unreliable at opening/ closing and interior light flashes on when going round a left hand bend - hmmm.

I've been to two different garages and the first said there was nothing wrong (partially due to the fact that the problem righted itself on the way there) and the second says that I need a new switch (second garage because the problem started again). I'm just reluctant to believe this as all evidence seems to point to wiring.

Does anyone know of a Copen friendly garage in North Yorkshire?:think:

2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    the two don't sound related.

could the light be something to do with a sticking door switch. Maybe going round one way puts force on the passenger door to open it slightly and bring light on. Going right will close the door more so not show as a problem, or going straight.
    Is the light switch a bit loose or temperamental and is doing a similar thing.
    To solve it take the bulb out!

3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Lotscott, Welcome to Copenworld.

As Trustafox says for the dodgy interior light check the little black plunges in the door openings. These can get a bit sticky. Take the little rubber covers off & check the function of the switch. Give them a clean.

For your roof issues check the handbrake switch out. Just under the hand break handle is a little plastic cover. Pull that out. You'll see a wire going to a small black box with a little piece of metal sticking out. Get an old tooth brush & give it a bit of a brush. Press it up & down with your finger a few times too.
    See if that fixes your problem.
    If not you'll need to take the centre console out to access that little black box better. I believe you can open that box up to clean side it.

Also check the boot partition switch.
    https://www.copenworld.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1802&highlight=boot+switch

4. YAK

YAK Copenworld Newbie

5. Lotscott

Lotscott Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Diahatsu Copen 2006
    Thanks everyone! Will have a good look and clean up this weekend to see whether it makes a difference. If not, Malton here I come.

6. YAK

YAK Copenworld Newbie

Hi Lotscott

How did you get on?

7. justandcal

justandcal Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    COPEN
    Garage in North Yorkshire

Hi, If you haven't found a garage yet, try Stokesley Motors in Stokesley. They are a Vauxhall Dealership but were a DAIHATSU franchise until they pulled out of UK. They are really helpful and don't rip you off. Think the number is 01642 710566

8. justandcal

justandcal Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    COPEN
    Garage in North Yorkshire

Try Stokesley Motors in Stokesley (previously DAIHATSU franchise) 01642 710566