Help needed please

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Thenotsocrazycatlady, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Thenotsocrazycatlady

Thenotsocrazycatlady Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Fiat 126 Copen1.3 grey
    Further to my not at fault bash on Sunday afternoon the car has been confirmed a complete right off. The insurance company have been hassling me from day 1 (literally) to agree a settlement value and I am feeling rushed and confused as I need to know what is out there value wise that is similar to what I've lost.
    I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea as to what my car would have been worth before the smash. All the rust had been dealt with and professionally resprayed by a top coachworks company. All the underneath componenets, suspension etc had been replaced with new parts from Japan. The boot floor had been totally treated and resprayed as there was a little rust from when it leaked which had also been professionally fixed. The car had been undersealed and waxoiled and I had just purchased four new tyres. It had no dinks, dents or rust. They want to offer me five thousand and I have been to see one at this price and it was awful, there wasn't a panel without some kind of damage, the bumper had been half sprayed with a can of spray paint the bonnet had obviously been resprayed as it did not match the rest and the bottom of the bumper at one end was totally chewed up. I don't know why they are rushing me so much and they haven't given me any time to think so any suggestions as to possible value would be so gratefully received thank you.

2. Thenotsocrazycatlady

Thenotsocrazycatlady Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Fiat 126 Copen1.3 grey
    sorry that should read write off not right off

3. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    how many miles on it?
    my 660cc 05 copen was £4,995 in 2018 and had a tiny bit of visible rust but quite a bit of invisible rust and 43k miles. Assuming your copen hasn't got 100k + miles on it then I would expect your Copen to be worth more like 6-9k if it really is fully rust free. extra options such as the heated seats and minilite wheels will increase the value.

Tony likes this.