1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

helo copenista's !!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tegan SA, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Tegan SA

Tegan SA Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2006 Copen 1,3
    2013 BMW 118i auto
    Just fetched her with 39300kms on the clock. Drove down 1500kms at 120kph and 160kph tops. Bumpiest and most rattled journey ever but enjoyed every bit. She will be my daily ride to work and back 25kms total. BMW will be used weekends as I have a granddaughter to ferry about and for shopping. She's stock standard, red with brown leather trim and the momo steering wheel. Only missing the owner's manual/handbook and spare key. Seems like the 1,3 was introduced here in South Africa in 2006. Was toying with the idea of having a second runabout for the past 3 years and considered the following...Mazda MX5, Fiat 500, MG TF, Smart 4/4, Geely Panda and the best, Copen. First 3 too expensive and last, too weak. I FEEL GREAT !!!

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Tegan SA, welcome to Copenworld. Be interested to see some pictures. Never seen a red Copen with a tan interior.

3. Tegan SA

Car(s):
    2006 Copen 1,3
    2013 BMW 118i auto
    brown leather

Only pic for now. Will take better pics later on. Trim seems more brown than tan.

Attached Files:

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Looks good. :cool:

5. CA49000

CA49000 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    '00 Honda Ferio SiR (Track Car)
    '06 Daihatsu Copen (Daily)
    '10 Daihatsu Sirion 1.5 Sport (Family Car)
    Awesome another Capetonian. Welcome Tegan

6. Tegan SA

Car(s):
    2006 Copen 1,3
    2013 BMW 118i auto
    Hello CA49000... only saw your note to me now, whilst reading the clutch cable problem. Yes, another Cape Copen (sounds catchy!). So far I've seen 2 reds like mine, a white, a blue, a yellow and that's it. Yours, silver, I haven't seen yet. Wish I had the Ricaro seats. Going to attempt a diy oil change at 45k when the weather is right. Somehow I have no confidence in the imperial dealerships. 2xKia's in the family with endless service problems. Do you have your Copen serviced by someone in particular?

7. CA49000

CA49000 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    '00 Honda Ferio SiR (Track Car)
    '06 Daihatsu Copen (Daily)
    '10 Daihatsu Sirion 1.5 Sport (Family Car)

Hey Tegan.
    Imperial dealerships are useless. The ECU light came on and they couldn't rectify it. I bought myself one of those ELM readers and I sorted it out.
    I service the car or I take it to my pop's workshop, Brake Super Service. I suggest that you disconnect the battery when you change plugs, so that the ECU light doesn't go on.

8. Tegan SA

Car(s):
    2006 Copen 1,3
    2013 BMW 118i auto
    Yes, I was considering getting an OBD2 BT reader from http://www.autotools.co.za a while back. Hopefully it's compatible with the Copen and Nokia 920. Thanks for the advice about the battery but I'm not diy-ready to change plugs as yet, just the oil change for now. I was in Jo'burg two months ago and got myself EBC brake pads and Metelli discs (http://www.formulafriction.co.za) but have no idea how to fit and now I come across Brake Super Service (who understands Copen)...what luck! Perhaps they could do the sparkplugs and the rest. I want to use NGK IFR6T-11 iridium plugs. I will pay them a visit by month end. Thanks again!