Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jaffa, Apr 12, 2014.

1. jaffa

jaffa Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    '03 Amazing little Red Copen
    Hello all,

I purchased my copen last week with 76,000k on the clock. I've been a lover of small cars for many years and having owned every type of Suzuki I never really looked at anything else. Needing another car after the sale of my beloved Ute I looked a several small new cars, being unimpressed, decided to look at a Copen.... Wow, I absolutely love it, more than any car I've ever owned. What a cool car it is, smooth, convertible, enough power, great gearbox and fun to drive :)

I'm looking at doing some interior mods (beatification) and looking at the fuel economy if possible as well the engine for even smoother drive without changing it too much (although those 2 may be polar opposites).
    Any help and advice is greatly appreciated...

I'm in Australia and am not familiar with forums, so please be patient :)

2. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Hi, welcome to Copenworld! You will be able to get lots of good ideas for mods by looking through the posts on here. A good place to start for the interior is Chrome design, based in Germany
    http://shop.chromdesign.de/index.php?cat=c283_Daihatsu--Copen-283-daihatsu--copen.html
    Although it is best to order everything at once as the postage is quite high! Or ebay is sometimes good, a lot of genuine parts need to be ordered from Japan but sometimes you can be lucky and find a local distributor. I don't count up how much I have spent on "little extras" for my copen as it would be scarey but chrome is good as well as leather from this company in England
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_t...&_nkw=Copen+gaiter+leather&_sacat=0&_from=R40
    (there may be someone similar in Australia) are a good start.

Have fun spending money:D
    Clare

3. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    Welcome!

We have a few aussie members so they may be able to help better. Obviously Japan has the market for the parts who knows - your shipping to aus better than UK.

enjoy!

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Welcome to Copenworld Jaffa. :cool:

5. TooCopen

TooCopen Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 0.7
    Welcome Jaffa,
    And hope you appreciate your new car :)
    This turbo car is really marvellous, I do appreciate mine :D
    Did you solve your noise problem ? Information can be usefull for other members ;)
    Have great time running your Copen

6. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Welcome to Copen world!

With regards to the leather accessories linked above, I have a number of YouTube videos up about how to install them - just search YouTube for "nuckymcnuck copen" and you should find them.