1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jaffa, Apr 12, 2014.

1. jaffa

jaffa Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    '03 Amazing little Red Copen
    Hello all,

I purchased my copen last week with 76,000k on the clock. I've been a lover of small cars for many years and having owned every type of Suzuki I never really looked at anything else. Needing another car after the sale of my beloved Ute I looked a several small new cars, being unimpressed, decided to look at a Copen.... Wow, I absolutely love it, more than any car I've ever owned. What a cool car it is, smooth, convertible, enough power, great gearbox and fun to drive :)

I'm looking at doing some interior mods (beatification) and looking at the fuel economy if possible as well the engine for even smoother drive without changing it too much (although those 2 may be polar opposites).
    Any help and advice is greatly appreciated...

I'm in Australia and am not familiar with forums, so please be patient :)

2. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Hi, welcome to Copenworld! You will be able to get lots of good ideas for mods by looking through the posts on here. A good place to start for the interior is Chrome design, based in Germany
    http://shop.chromdesign.de/index.php?cat=c283_Daihatsu--Copen-283-daihatsu--copen.html
    Although it is best to order everything at once as the postage is quite high! Or ebay is sometimes good, a lot of genuine parts need to be ordered from Japan but sometimes you can be lucky and find a local distributor. I don't count up how much I have spent on "little extras" for my copen as it would be scarey but chrome is good as well as leather from this company in England
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_t...&_nkw=Copen+gaiter+leather&_sacat=0&_from=R40
    (there may be someone similar in Australia) are a good start.

Have fun spending money:D
    Clare

3. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    Welcome!

We have a few aussie members so they may be able to help better. Obviously Japan has the market for the parts who knows - your shipping to aus better than UK.

enjoy!

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Welcome to Copenworld Jaffa. :cool:

5. TooCopen

TooCopen Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 0.7
    Welcome Jaffa,
    And hope you appreciate your new car :)
    This turbo car is really marvellous, I do appreciate mine :D
    Did you solve your noise problem ? Information can be usefull for other members ;)
    Have great time running your Copen

6. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Welcome to Copen world!

With regards to the leather accessories linked above, I have a number of YouTube videos up about how to install them - just search YouTube for "nuckymcnuck copen" and you should find them.