1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello & Wheel question :)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tkc, Aug 7, 2020.

1. tkc

tkc Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo
    Hi All,

New to Copen ownership, recently acquired a pearl white 659cc 2005 Copen here in the UK, original UK car so was undersealed from new. I've just bought some 15x6.5j +45 alloy wheels but cannot for the life of me find the optimal tyre size to not rub the arches of the Copen, can anyone help? I'm guessing it'll be either a 175/50/15 or a 175/55/15?

Many thanks in advance!

Nick.

2. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    The standard size from factory is 165/50 R15 73V. And the original tire used was Bridgestone Potenza RE040
    You can't get those tires anymore (I bought the last 2 I could find online) and there aren't many choices in that size in europe unfortunately.

I wouldn't get a xxx/55 tire because the total wheel diameter will be different and that will make the speedo read wrong.

I think a 175 width tire will be good for clearance, but I don't know as I haven't tried.

oh and theres this cool website for seeing tire sizes: Daihatsu Copen 2005 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  3. tkc

tkc Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo

thanks for the reply Afron1! my speedo would read 5.7% too slow with a 175/55/R15 not the end of the world but I think you're right, I'll stick with 50.

Cheers!