Hello from South Linconshire

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NigelP, Aug 13, 2018.

1. NigelP

NigelP Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    08 Copen 1.3
    A quick 'hello' to all fellow Copen enthusiasts from sunny South Lincolnshire. Getting to grips with the new car - a really good drive but the roof rattles a bit on the poorer back roads. Have always liked the appearance of the Copen but only had the opportunity to buy my own about a month ago. Pity that there are no opportunities for Copen Owners meetings like many of the other owners clubs. Perhaps that is an indication of the cars rarity. Maybe scope to broaden out to other Daihatsu Owners?

AFR0N1 likes this.
  2. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    Hello!
    My Copen's roof rattles too on poor roads, but there are quite a few threads on here to help fix or at least reduce the rattling!

3. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    Hi, welcome!
    If you are willing to travel, there is a yearly Copen meeting that takes place in Germany, also there is Kei Cars in the Park, which takes place in GB I believe

AFR0N1 likes this.
  4. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    Try this venue.

Sportscars in the park

The Copen isn’t on the list but you can drop them an email and I’m sure they’d be happy to add it. Send them a photo with the roof down and who can argue it’s not a sports car.

5. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    There's a few Copens in a north-west Japanese 2-seaters group that goes to a lot of shows ect called WeLoveJap2s if you search on FB, my link says log in for some reason but that should go to the group page.

6. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Does it rattle (like loose parts) or squeak? If it's more of a rubbery squeak then try moisturising the rubber seals. Mine start to squeak and I use a lube about twice a year. It does solve it, but obviously, they return as they dry out again. It also helps to extend their life.

If it is rattly loose parts, then gets some big nails and an even bigger hammer!