1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Hayling Island

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HaylingCopen, Apr 24, 2021.

1. HaylingCopen

HaylingCopen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2006 Copen
    I see I need to say something to be able to download the workshop manual. Fair enough.
    I bought my wife a new Copen in September 2006 for her 60th birthday. It has been pampered ever since. Kept in the garage with a soft cover, carefully washed and polished and hardly ever allowed out in the rain. It has done just over 13,000 miles in 15+ years.

The only fault on the car is that the passenger side sun visor keeps dropping down because the plastic socket that screws into the windscreen header rail is split. I'd like to find a replacement.

It is kept on a smart battery charger (A Maypole 3.8 Amp charger) which is left in the 0.8 amp motorcycle mode. The charger came with permanent connection cable for the battery which is fitted, but that still requires opening the bonnet to disconnect. I'm hoping the manual will help me find a good safe connection point inside the cabin. Preferably to make the cigar lighter socket permanently live.

I'm also keen to see if there is any information on E10 petrol that is expected in the UK from September this year.

I'm looking forward to downloading the manual soon
    cheers

AFR0N1 likes this.
  2. ronalddoes

ronalddoes Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2004 Copen 659 cc, 2009 Sirion 2 1000cc, 2010 Subaru Justy 1000cc
    Maybe the OBD2-connector could be the answer. That has a permanent 12V pin to the best of my memory.

3. Quartz

Quartz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Grey Copen 2007
    Hi there, with regards to your question about E10 petrol in the UK, here is the link to the government site with regards to the Daihatsu copen:
    GOV.UK E10 Enquiry

It does mention only the 1.3 will be compatible, however it also states at the bottom (if you click on the I'm not sure part):
    "If you're still not sure, use E5 petrol. It will still be available in the super grade at many filling stations."

So it looks like you will probably have to use Super Plus Unleaded (Fuel with the E5 mark) instead which should remain E5 for a while.

Hope this helps. Super Plus is a little more pricey, but as you're low mileage it shouldn't be too bad.

4. HaylingCopen

HaylingCopen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2006 Copen
    Thanks for the quick replies.
    The OBD2 connector is a good tip, I didn't realise it had a constant live pin.

You are right about the petrol price being trivial on this mileage. Best just buy super plus E5 and not worry.

I have downloaded the manual now - lots of reading todo