1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Dave and Deb

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by debsredcopen, May 27, 2014.

1. debsredcopen

debsredcopen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen vivid 2004 Austin mini 1984
    Hi everyone, we have just bought a 2004 Copen Vivid at the weekend, it has moved 100 yards down the street. My wife (Deb) has admired it for the past 5 years as it passed our house.
    We did no research into the Copen, but had run a Charade and Fourtrak about 15yrs ago which had proven reliable.
    We are from the South West and will add more to our profile shortly.
    We had a lovely day on Sunday driving down through the New Forest to Lymington and didn't see another Copen all day long. Deb had a smile on her face all day long and its still there now !
    We found Copenworld only yesterday and I have found it really useful reading about the things to look out for on the car, in fact I have spent a bit of time today drying out the boot area after reading here that they can get wet !

I think Deb maybe planning on hiding the keys if I show too much interest in her new little toy car, but on saying that our other car is pretty small too being a 1984 Mini 1000 which needs restoring. I cant make my mind up which one I want to play with now, its either polishing the Copen or repairing the Mini ?

Dave [a very newbie]

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  2. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Hi, welcome to Copenworld! My Copen quickly became "ours" as well :D I don't complain too much as he washes it as well as driving it.

3. debsredcopen

Car(s):
    Thanks for the welcome Clare, I wont be driving it much, although I do love it loads already:D

4. Funksterhardtop

Funksterhardtop Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    07 Copen
    Welcome to the site
    Be prepared for loads of smiling whilst driving :)

5. Old Badger

Old Badger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Welcome Dave and Deb! Have you got a name for your Copen yet? :D. OB

6. debsredcopen

Car(s):
    No name as yet, Deb has thought of one or two, Tiny was the last she had in mind, she has only driven it twice so far in its first week, I don't think she wants to get it dirty mind you the insurance on her old car runs out today.

7. debsredcopen

Car(s):
    Deb now has a name for her Copen, she is calling it Tiny as its so small . She is still driving with a smile on her face. We have now been out on too fairly long journeys and not seen another Copen. Yesterday we visited the Mall North of Bristol, drove all through Bristol and Bath City Centres without seeing one.