1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Cologne

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nico, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Nico

Nico Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatus Copen
    Hello from Cologne,

I bought my first copen last week and I am thrilled. The Copen is from 2005, with the turbo engine and a right hand drive :).

While searching for information about the engine I found this forum. Does anyone know if the engine has a chain or a belt?

BR Nico

AFR0N1 likes this.
  2. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    Welcome!
    Engine on both 660 and 1.3 is chain driven.

3. Nico

Nico Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatus Copen
    Thank you! Do you know if or when you have to change the chain. I just bought my Copen and he has run 75T km. Unfortunately there was no manual included so I hardly know anything about the maintenance intervals.

4. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    There is no interval for it in the manual, so I guess its supposed to "last the lifetime of the vehicle"
    I would make sure the oil is changed regularly (every 3,000 miles) to reduce wear on the chain to try and help it last the lifetime of the vehicle.
    I'm on 55k+ miles and haven't had issue with it and as far as I'm aware, it was never changed.

5. Nico

Nico Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatus Copen
    thanks for the tips! Since I don't know when the last time the oil and filter was changed, I'll do it right now - I just ordered the oil filter :)

6. William Bird

William Bird Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Make sure that when you change the oil on the 660cc you use the best quality synthetic oils as this will ensure that the turbo runs best given the high temperatures.

AFR0N1 likes this.