1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heather

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Heather Burdge, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Heather Burdge

Heather Burdge Copenworld Newbie

We've owned our Copen since last November, and are completely smitten!!

Unfortunately someone ran into the back of it a few months ago, and it went into the garage to be repaired. They took an age to do it as some of the parts were difficult to lay hands on, but we are hugely upset because the insurance company had bumped up our premium because they say that the Copen isn't a standard car and has had modifications.

I've read loads, and looked at photos of other peoples Copens, and can't make out what they could mean. It does have gold coloured alloy wheels, but surely they can't class that as a modification, and grounds to increase the premium - can they?!

Has anyone any idea what the company might be referring to, and can anyone direct me to a list of what is "standard" in the car, and what is an "optional extra". Surely "optional extras" supplied by Daihatsu aren't considered modifications? Is a red car more of a risk than a green one!!!? Ours is green by the way!

Any help to get to the root of the problem would be appreciated.

Heather

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Heather, Welcome to Copenworld.
    In my experience any modification from that of standard is classed by insurance companies as a modification.

We bought a Skoda Fabia from new. It didn't come with Air conditioning as standard so we added it as an option. Our insurance company (Churchill) classed this as a modification!

For my Copen I have made them aware of all the Genuine Daihatsu Copen accessories added to my Copen. Spoiler, skirt set etc.

Below is the link to the Daihatsu Copen Accessory lists. Any item on your car from this list was an extra.
    https://www.copenworld.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=588

Post some pictures of your car, outside, inside & under the bonnet & we can have a look & try to spot the modifications for you.

The gold Minilites would be classed as a modification.

3. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I've seen a few cars for sale with the gold minilites. I just assumed they were limited edition cars from Daihatsu. All the cars I've seen with these wheels were red, which reinforced my thought that they were limited editions.