1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

headlight changed - woo!

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by dsb, Jun 1, 2014.

1. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    sure it's a simple thing but i'm pleased after last weekend's 'take off the bumper' fiasco - you have to wonder why Daihatsu ever put that in the manual when it's totally unnecessary.
    so this morning I did the following....

step one, jack the car up

step two - rookie mistake, tried undoing the nuts and the wheel turned with me!
    so

step three, lower the car again, loosen the nuts now the wheel was on the ground and jack back up

step four, fully undo the wheel and remove - see all the corrosion on the wheel, then realise it's actually just filth and wipe it all off - now shiny and clean

step five, remove clips from wheel arch and pull back - now I can easily see under there without the wheel, unscrewed the covering cap, undid the clip, out comes the light.

step six - fit the bulb, turn on lights and... nothing!, start worrying something is really wrong, decide to put it all back together, put the bulb in the headlight slot and clip back in, try the lights one more time - success!
    so it seems either it was a little loose or it needs to make metal contact with the holder.

put it all back together - I've done it! - and in under and hour.

I am superman..... !

electrosaur likes this.
  2. Funksterhardtop

Funksterhardtop Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    07 Copen
    Nice work ,saved a few £ doing it yourself :)