Hand-made bags for boot space

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by paulie, Nov 2, 2010.

1. paulie

paulie Copenworld Newbie

Hi there

A talented friend of mine has made me a fabulous 'travelbag' that fits exactly into the space in the front of the boot when the roof is stored away. You can fit a couple of shirts/skirts/trousers in there along with underwear, toiletries etc etc.

Just wondered if anybody else out there might be interested in such things? Designs can be bespoke and various materials requested.:)

2. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

The lack of space with the roof down is the biggest drawback with the Copen. I would be interested. Is the bag full width or could you fit a pair in there?

M.

3. scooty

scooty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2 x Daihatsu Copen, RHD
    1 x Daihatsu Trevis
    Hi paulie,

I would be interested as well.
    Could you post some pics of your travelbag (maybe even stored in the boot?).

Thanks,

Andreas

4. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    You're very welcome to post details and pictures. I'm happy to feature them somewhere on the website as well if there is interest.

5. paulie

paulie Copenworld Newbie

Sorry for delay about bootbag!

Hi there

Grovelling apologies for the insane delay between posts - photos of bootbag (in situ and opened out) will be posted tomorrow. The current model is based on a sooped-up suit bag that rolls up neatly (like a clothes roulade I suppose!), but my friend is working on a 'tube with zip' that fits exactly into the space. Since your clothes inevitably have to be rolled up to fit into any bag, the current 'model' works well and minimises creasing. Anyway, I'll be interested in what you all think.
    Please be warmer soon!!!

6. paulie

paulie Copenworld Newbie

Hand-made bag photos as promised!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. copenalan

copenalan Copenworld Newbie

Luggage

I got two of these Leather bags from a guy in Korea for our Copen. Together they perfectly fill the space with the roof down.

8. piggyrunt

piggyrunt Copenworld Newbie

Boot bags

Hi, I have just got my copen and was reading in the handbook that the boot space with the top down was just 14 litres! Your boot bags look great but they must be much bigger than 14 litres. Where do you put them? I would dearly love to see a picture of them in the boot. The warnings in the handbook relating to luggage with the roof packed suggest catastrophic failure of the mechanism. Are they just scaremongering? Thanks, Richard.

9. Steamer775

Steamer775 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Dimensions

Hi
    My wife and I are off to pick up our new Copen next weekend then go straight off on a three day mini break in it, so we need to know how small we have to pack without the opportunity to try it out. (Yes, mad, I know)

So can anyone out there give me the dimensions of the boot space with the roof down?

10. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    about 2.5 to 3 ft wide by 10 inch deep by 8 inch high with roof down