Greetings and few concerns about buying

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lain, Jul 17, 2020.

1. lain

lain Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    I had a fun Fiat 127 Sport once…
    Greetings Copenites,

I've been eyeing Copens for a long time but they are virtually nonexistent in my home country. Recently one surfaced (looks like a recent import) not far from my parents, and since I'm visiting in a few days i decided to check it out with the intent of purchase.
    I have a few questions though hope to get an answer from veteran owners…

The car looks good on the pictures (ofc.) but the odometer has more than 210000 kms in it which sounds a lot to me. In general how big of a concern should that be? Nothing is known about the car's life before this, it was imported from Germany around last December.

Second, I'm 185cm tall. I know I can fit inside (i've read someone about 190cm tall to fit), my question would be for tall owners: do you see enough out of your cars to be safe on the road? The top of the windows looks very low. And I'll use it a lot with roof up all year round, for I have no other cars.
    thanks and cheers from Hungary!

2. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    Hi there,

210.000km is a lot. If it is the 1.3l 87hp engine and it was serviced regularly then it should not be too much of an issue (is the car in good shape?). Although the price has to be really good with that many kms on it, otherwise it is not worth it.
    Ask yourself: Can you buy spare parts in hungary and if yes, can you afford them?

I am tall and have no problem looking out of the windows, but if I stretched by back against the seat I would hit the roof with my head and not be able to see very well out the window.
    So naturally I have to arch my back a bit to look out the window, but it is still comfortable.

sok sikert!

3. lain

lain Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    I had a fun Fiat 127 Sport once…
    Hi Salieri,

dank dir fur die Antwort;)
    it's the 1.3l engine. Car looks good on photos but that doesn't say much. I'm arranging a mechanic to come with me when I go to check it out.
    Price is of course higher than similar aged other cars but this is no "other car" ;) still cheaper than most Copens on mobile.de even with the currently very expensive euro exchange rate. And this one's with the red interior!