1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

green 1.3 copen

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by copencat, Jan 14, 2014.

1. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    Hello

got a few questions for you all, i hope these are not too ignorant

did the 1.3 copen ever come out in the green with camel leather combo?

if so, how rare are these? as I have never seen one... (seen a few in 0.7)

is the 1.3 in grey the most common colour?

thanks

2. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    Only four colours in UK

Attached Files:

3. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    No, green wasn't an option for the 1.3. I think silver is the most numerous 1.3 colouration.

4. copencat

Car(s):
    thank you both! most helpful.

I saw a champagne gold one for sale the other day, i thought someone must have got it done that way rather than it came like that.

5. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    Are you in the UK copencat?

6. copencat

Car(s):
    yes in the UK - Hampton Court area, where they are lots of copens!

currently off work with a hideous inner ear infection, searching for number 2 copen but cannot do a thing as have no balance so cant even go downstairs let alone drive which is making the car search a bit difficult...... lol

7. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    Number 2 copen, so will that mean you have 2 copens or what happen to the first?

I assume you are doing leg work via the internet though, even if they are little legs :D

8. copencat

Car(s):
    err.............. dont ask about number 1 - it still raw almost 1 month after........

yep internet is my friend and i hope it doesnt involve the epic the first time round. I tried to not go back to the copen after considerations for a few things but nothing has moved me. Toyato IQ, best leg position, far more impractical than the copen, Renault Wind - complete disaster, that car is an abomination, looks lovely but if you think the visibility is bad in the rear of the copen, this car.... !! and I wouldnt have a mx5 if you gave it to me, smarts are a nono. so back to copen! what a shame :)

actually got my eye on one, but it has been modified with bits I do not like and I do not even change my own windscreen wipers so I am wary of doing changes to a car and then trying to find the original bits to fit back on.. nightmare as otherwise car fits bill.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  9. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    I was interested in a copen after seeing a couple pass me by on the road and then looking them up. But I put them up against other cars, mainly cabrios, to see if it was worth it.

What mods does it have besides windscreen wipers? :rolleyes:

10. copencat

Car(s):
    very few cars have the instant likeability of the copen in judgementalness, you know what i mean. Other cars seem to "say" a lot about you which normally happen to be negative, apart from piss takers, i believe the copen says positive things.

there are a few mods I can deal with but the wood is not for me!

the central console has wood surrounds, the handbrake is also wood and gear knob.

like this

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/suzukimotors/item/cop022/

11. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    Well you could replace them with standard black and sell the wooden ones or do a straight swap. Quite a few people would be interested. Not for me with a silver and red interior. But if I had green with tan seats that would be different.

Are you lay in bed playing hunt the copen on the internet?

12. copencat

Car(s):
    this car has red interior too and I agree doesnt look right to me, camel and green car... yes.... I realise I can buy the normal black ones but i know but I am extremely nervous of doing anything on a car - normally I sort of run away with my hands in the air and go I am a girl, you are the expert you put these things on! even if it is two clips, I'm like someone else do it! (although quite practical if I have no experience - i,e DIY and Cars, I just bury the head in the sand and hand over money to make it go away)

yep hunt hunt hunt the copen, so far week 3........... i know my market quite well now.
    also window shopping all the bits I do want for the car.

13. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    So what would you like for the car?

You do have to be carefully removing the vent rings as you can easily snap the little clips. Hence why I've been loathed to remove mine. Not that I have a real need to. But I considered painting them red but thought it would look too much.

14. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    This pic shows the few internal mods I've done. Also done the chrome arms on the visors.

Attached Files:

15. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

i noticed from the pic of the 1.3's that the red is called shining red... now this got me thinking as i have seen 2 red copen vivids 2004 models and a late 2008 1.3 copen also in red but it looks like a different red... darker on the later ones and a tomato orangy red on the vivids so im guessing the limited vivids are a different red to the standard 1.3 copen in red

16. copencat

Car(s):
    i like the red highlights and the different surrounds for the console and gear knob. very tasteful, yeah i think you are right with the vents, maybe too many circles of red going around but then you could see it and love it even with red arms on visors too.

I was thinking having chrome on the air vents to match gear stick, I am a fan of the gear stick, the scratches on my wedding rings are from it and in return it got scratched back and this defines it for me as my car, this is my personal finger print on my car. does that sound weird? probably lol!

in order... UE grill, new wind deflector like Adam K, chrome washers houses, red visors, exhaust housing, new lights, prob heat guard, oh... and not that I am ever going to find these but I did go to heaven with these alloys.

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/DAIHATSU/COPEN/700020116020120811001/index.html

Sorry finding trouble trying to post pictures from websites...

Pauliepaul
    - I had noticed that, but I have never seen a 1.3 copen in red or a red .7 in the flesh anyway bizarrely! Weirdest colour I have ever seen was purple unfortunately it was too far away too see if it was an import. .