Going abroad in the copen what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by stanny, May 24, 2014.

1. stanny

stanny Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Mitshibushi colt
    Hi all
    Thinking of going abroad in the copen with the misses.
    Now I want to put the roof down but what can we carry. Well a holdall in the front with the wife's feet on top. What can you get in the boot with the roof down obviously when we get to France. What do I need as in lights etc. Break down cover for abroad. Anybody ever done it in a copen? :)

2. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    I've never done it in a Copen, but you'll need lights and a breathalyzer for France.

3. Ricochet

Ricochet Copenworld Newbie

Going Abroad, no problem.

We have travelled all over France and most of Spain with our Copen in the last few years. Only problem getting on and off ferries or the tunnel. On ferries lookout for the metal cleats stikking up that they use to tie down lorries. On the tunnel the problem is the joints between the carriages due to our low ground clearance. Luggage is no probelm. If it's raining, put it in the boot. We have 2 large holdalls. Once we hit the sunshine the roof comes down and we have fitted a boot rack. New off ebay £40.00. DON'T try to put the roof up and down with the luggage on. It's OK with just the rack. For france you will need a couple of brethalysers, HI Viz jackets for you both and a warning triangle. For Spain you will need in addition another warning triangle (ie 2 in total) and if you need glasses to drive, you must carry a spare pair. Due to the far greater superiority of the road surfaces you will find that both you and the car will appreciate the unusual smoothnes and quietness.

Be prepared to attract even more attention than in UK. My best moment was parking in a village square. On returning I noticed 2 things. A superd looking 1950's Mrcedes SL Gull Wing (obviously must have been a kit car) had arrived and there was a group of about 15 people. All standing around and looking at THE COPEN.

If I can be of anymore help let me know. I have been driving around Europe for the last 40 years for pleasure and business.

4. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
  5. Funksterhardtop

Funksterhardtop Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    07 Copen
    I can't wait for an excuse to take mine abroad :)

6. princess

princess Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    just got our second copen 04 reg. we also have a brand new vw bettle!!!!
    I would like to go to the german meeting that scooty is involved with, however, i often drive to whitby, (2hrs), it bloody kills me!!!!!!:-((