1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Germany: 5-7 June 2020, Berlin

Discussion in 'Meetings and Events' started by scooty, Jan 5, 2020.

1. scooty

scooty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2 x Daihatsu Copen, RHD
    1 x Daihatsu Trevis
    [​IMG]
    Dear all,

unfortunately the Copen meeting 2020 in Berlin is cancelled.

If you made a hotel reservation mentioning "Copen Treffen/Meeting 2020" your reservation is cancelled by the hotel.
    To be on the safe side you may contact the hotel to confirm.

Hope to see you in Berlin 2021,
    Andreas

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  2. Funksterhardtop

Funksterhardtop Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    07 Copen
    I definitely want to do this , this year .

Can I pm you Scotty with some Qs please .

I need to decide what day to drive out and when to come back , plus is it dooable to drive to Berlin in a day from sussex England , if I go through the tunnel ?

3. scooty

Car(s):
    2 x Daihatsu Copen, RHD
    1 x Daihatsu Trevis
    Hi Funksterhardtop

very happy to hear that you would like to coem to the meeting.
    :clap:
    Yes, of course, but if it's of genereal interest you can also post directly here.

Well, highly your personal decision. If my time allows I will take two days to go to Berlin from Cologne (about 400 miles distance). But admittedly I am an old man of 50+ ;)

Andreas

4. Funksterhardtop

Car(s):
    07 Copen

Hi Scotty
    It looks like Cologne is around half way , so that may work well for me to stop off there on the way home , as always it trying to juggle everything in the time I have available .

Could you give me an idea of what I need to expect on the weekend and what is going on etc .
    I am thinking of leaving very early Friday and drive straight to the hotel , stopping along the way as often as I need to .

Would I miss out on much even if I got there later on Friday ? This would still give me Saturday and Sunday , what sort of time does it finish on Sunday please ?

As would it then be possible to drive to Cologne on Sunday night ?

Many thanks for any reply

5. scooty

Car(s):
    2 x Daihatsu Copen, RHD
    1 x Daihatsu Trevis
    Hi Funksterhardtop
    Here's a translated version of the currently available information about the weekend. Please check back as more detailled information will be made available in due course:
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https://www.micro-roadster.de/wbb/board25-in-scene/board21-touren-treffen-und-veranstaltungen/board62-copen-treffen-2020-berlin/6535-ablaufplan-und-routen-zum-copentreffen-2020-berlin/

Friday in general is arrival and chat day. So not really anything "organised" besides greet, registering, meet up and diner.
    I you will arrive later than diner time (19:00h) and not able to take part please let the hotel know in your reservation so they can hopefully adjust your rate.
    Saturday is the main day: You may like to take part in one of the routes prepared, usually of different lengths or themes, small groups will find each other quite easily to drive together. Stops or rest for food etc is usually "self-organised" in that small group (there may be recommendations by the organisers). After return there should be some time for chat in the parking lot, followed by diner end even more chat at the bar.....
    But of yourse you are also free to spend the day to your liking...
    That should be possible. Usually the meeting closes at noon/early afternoon after a common event (maybe group photo at a nice location or visit at a museum, or....)

Hope that info helps,
    Andreas

6. scooty

Car(s):
    2 x Daihatsu Copen, RHD
    1 x Daihatsu Trevis
    [​IMG]
    Dear all,

unfortunately the Copen meeting 2020 in Berlin is cancelled.

If you made a hotel reservation mentioning "Copen Treffen/Meeting 2020" your reservation is cancelled by the hotel.
    To be on the safe side you may contact the hotel to confirm.

Hope to see you in Berlin 2021,
    Andreas

7. Funksterhardtop

Car(s):
    07 Copen
    A real shame but the right decision , I hope all you overseas Copen owners are all staying safe and familys are well , plus your Copens all nice and tucked up ready for when we allowed out again . 2021 I hope to be there