1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel System Issues...

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by JackBow, Mar 9, 2017.

1. JackBow

JackBow Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Citroen C1 VTR - 2012
    Daihatsu Copen 0.6 - 2003
    So I bought a Copen last week for my partner, 0.7l turbo, 53 plate with 94k on it. It's got a full service history and as had a new turbo fitted some 10k miles ago. I was driving it home when the engine management light popped up, plugged in my little ecu reader to find misfires on all cylinders. Odd, I thought, as it had been running fine. The next day, as I'm driving it over the M62, the car just shut down on me, and wouldn't start up again. Waited for the RAC and found that the fuse for the fuel pump was blown. Replaced with a new 15a fuse, which blew again instantly. RAC man put a 30a fuse in the slot, and the car fired right back up again! Until the next day when the same thing happened on the return trip, except this time a 30a fuse wouldn't cut it. I therefore concluded that its a fuel pump issue, bought a new one from a breakers yard. Had a mechanic fit it, and still won't start. Mechanic is convinced its a wiring issue, has anyone got any tips for this problem? I'm already £400 into this including recoveries, and the kitty is fast running out! Any tips would be appreciated.

2. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    It might be worth checking the relay for the fuel pump. I'm assuming that the fuse/relay layout is the same as the 1300cc model and that your EFI fuse (position 4) is the one that keeps blowing. If that's the case, the EFI relay is in position 11. I doubt you'll find an off the shelf relay to swap it out with but you should be able to test it and then get trawling eBay.

Salieri likes this.
  3. JackBow

JackBow Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Citroen C1 VTR - 2012
    Daihatsu Copen 0.6 - 2003
    Thanks buddy, I'll give it a try if the mechanics can't figure it out. Cheers