Fuel pump location

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Sachinz, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Sachinz

Sachinz Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 7.0
    Guys, my car was sitting for couple of months on my garage and now it won’t turn over. Also I cannot hear any any sound from my fuel pump. So I thought to replace it. But I couldn’t find where it is located. Do I need to drop the tank? Or is there any door located inside the car?

2. jez77

jez77 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    2000 Toyota RAV4
    If the motor isn't turning over the fuel pump won't run. It's a safety feature on most cars so if you're in an accident and the motor stops the fuel pump switches off.

Have you tried a new battery? It's the usual suspect.

Sachinz likes this.
  3. Sachinz

Car(s):
    Copen 7.0
    Yes the motor is turnining over. But it won’t start

4. Sachinz

Car(s):
    Copen 7.0
    Actually I would like to know where it is located

5. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    I found a short description from Trustafox on another thread: -

If it did have a problem and require swapping, it looks quite easy. May be best to drain the tank or run it down into the 'crude zone'! Bit tricky to get to with it being the little Copen. You could climb into the boot for better access, pushing the odd stray bag of sand out the way as required. Remove plush carpeting, unbolt a square metal box/cover thingy that might not have gained an official name and you will see top of the pump unit. Remove pipes/cables, unbolt and "voila", as they say in Togo. There might be a bit more to it than this short training lesson but it should be enough to get you started, :) This training session is brought to you by the Chernobyl Maintenance and Safety Commission.

There's a full description with diagrams in the workshop manual, around B7, I think it's a week membership before you can download it off here though so I've thrown it on a download site here 2018-03-14_b5zn5akz

6. froggguk

froggguk Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen 1.3, korando diesel, toyota lj70
    my copen 650 does have a metal cover and rubber boot to access the fuel filler pipes- but the fuel pump/gauge appears to be only accessible by dropping the tank...the edge of the unit is just visible looking forward in the hole...damn it!