Fuel Cap Cover

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by tunedtimer, Apr 12, 2013.

1. tunedtimer

tunedtimer Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi everybody,here my new fuel cap cover.Tell me your opinion?

Attached Files:

2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Nice car overall, but I'm not keen on named items on cars. The plainer unbadged look I prefer

3. tunedtimer

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    How old are you?:think:

4. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

my honest opinion too would also be that im not that keen on it too... personally i think the best fuel cap sticker/vinyl is the factory one you can have as an extra ;)

5. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

my honest opinion too would also be that im not that keen on it too... personally i think the best fuel cap sticker/vinyl is the factory one you can have as an extra ;) ... but the copen its self is nice looks good in white

6. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Who is the company named on the sticker tuned timer?

Anybody fitted a a cover over their petrol cap like this one?
    They are cheap to buy on eBay but I couldn't see one the same diameter as the Copen.

[​IMG]

7. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    I'm just the wrong side of 40 :( Even the other comments I'd say no to. I don't see the attraction to make the fuel filler cover stand out. it was different back in the day with the original mini as the neck stuck out, I preferred a crome one to a leyland black plastic one. But these days they do covers to blend in with the body work, I'm happy with that.

I prefer to see geometric shapes that writing/letter. Its like the Dsport stuff that says Dsport on it, that puts me off, or others like that.

Words like that on your fuel cover, I don't get the meaning of having that on the car. It looks like advertising and I'm not a big fan of advertising, partly while I've considered de-badging.

Hope that explains somewhat.

8. tunedtimer

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi DaG,The name of the company is Bright Desing,it is the aftermarket of Hyundai Tuscon ix 35, but the sticker of the fuel cap is perfect for the size of copen's fuel cap.This one is elegance and the material of the sticker doesn't look cheap.The fuel cap in your photo looks to cheap for the car.

9. tunedtimer

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi trustafox,it is not about letters but the desing matters.You see the forest but you don't see the tree,i mean that the copen is for people who feel alive and have an open mind about desing.

10. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    The cover does look cheap but at around five GBP I would have bought one just to have a look.
    I like cars to be kept standard but the Copen interior is a bit spartan. If it wasn't for the hassle of getting parts from Japan I'd be tempted to copy some of Adam's mod's. I like his body kit as well, something else I'd consider. Either that or stick a chrome rack on the boot with a picnic basket for the classic old style roadster look.:)

11. tunedtimer

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi DaG, i like your opinion about classic old style roadster look.Make your move and upload some photos when you done it:)

12. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    I don't get what all the fascination about fuel cap cover stickers is. bright design meant nothing to me and even less so its not Daihatsu. Even the Daihatsu sticker, its not a sticker is surely? I thought it was a replacement cover! I'd still want to do something else to the car.
    Anyway tunedtimer, you did ask us for our opinion. If you didn't want anyone to not agree with your taste, don't ask. Paulie wasn't keen either.
    I love looking at the forest, broader perspective

13. tunedtimer

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Thanks for the good advise trustafox,i respect your opinion.Please upload some photos of your copen to have a look and take some good ideas of your desing and tuning:cool:
    Best regards,
    Tunedtimer.

14. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    Hi tunedtimer, thats ok. yes I have a couple of little modifications in progress and I intended to take a few photos to post. Feel free to look at an comment when I do. It won't be everybody's thing but its an idea I had.

15. tunedtimer

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi trustafox,i will wait to see your modifications.:)You are ok:cool:

16. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    jumping back from fuel leak thread comment about polling cap stickers:
    I think they can look good if in keeping with the car. so if you have a stack of sponsor/brand stickers and add another on your cap that's fine.
    also if it is picking up branding from elsewhere on the car.
    I think sticker bombing the cap can look good on the right car, but don't think I'd do it to my Copen

17. tunedtimer

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi Binz,your opinion is ok with me, but you never how it looks in your car if you dont try it.Believe me the fuel cover give always a better style in the car:cool: