For Sale: Copen 2003 659cc white - Australia, NSW Central Coast

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by freddyzdead, Jan 11, 2021.

1. freddyzdead

freddyzdead Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Copen
    Hi everyone, I've been driving this lovely car for 4 years, it's been my only car, which has taught me some things. I am in a different space now and there are good reasons to simplify my life.

The car has been looked after very well while under my stewardship, has nearly new tyres all round, everything works just fine, I've fitted LED lights all round, and a liFePO4 battery and 82Farad capacitor bank. Has a very good 2-DIN Android car radio that sounds great. The clock has about 110,000 km, I have changed the oil every 5,000, or 10,000 when I had full synthetic oil in it.

There is an issue; last year it began running pretty rough and I couldn't figure out why. When I finally did, it turned out one of the spark plugs had come loose, and when I took it out there was no electrode on the end. By this time it had been blowing smoke and depositing black soot all over the back end. The spark plug electrode obviously went into the cylinder and did who knows what kind of damage. The car was also using a lot of oil. I found that putting in a somewhat heavier grade of oil greatly reduced both of these issues. The car still runs and drives just fine, but something obviously has to be done about this, and it is beyond my capabilities to deal with it. Someone with a mechanical bent and requisite time is what is needed. It might not be as bad as I think.

I am in Gosford, which is an hour or so north of Sydney; if you're interested in knowing more, you can send me a text on +61414903060. Car has one year registration.

Screenshot_20210111-165949.jpg