1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

floor mats

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by trustafox, Apr 3, 2013.

1. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    I want to get some new floor mats and I've been thinking what colour combination to get. Does anyone know of some silver coloured ones for the Copen, somewhat like the silver paintwork.

I've looked on ebay, and closed was called pale/light grey but not sure it was silvery or pale enough for me.

I've always had black and want something a bit different. Considered red but that might be too much red in the car.

2. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    The obvious silver mats would be those metal effect types you can get. Not really the same silver as your car though and there is something a bit boy racer about them.
    My car has black deep pile mats which are tailor fit and have Copen embroidered in them in red. Have a look for that type and see if they do them in grey which should be a decent contrast to the black in the car.

3. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    OH NO DaG, not those metal look ones. It will look more like an indoor fire escape

4. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    I was thinking a pale silvery grey, not metallic silver

5. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Nothing like a bit of steel chequerplate in the car.:D
    Get the same mats as in my car but get them in grey, they will look great. I think trying to find them in a silvery grey will be difficult.

6. toni01

toni01 Copenworld Newbie

Hi All
    Next on shopping list is floor mats, as mine came without them. Any suggestions on where to get good original copen mats or as near to orginal? looked on SG Petch and they do have them but the colour combi isn't what I want (my copen is blue with tan interior) so would like just plain black I think with the copen logo on. ... Shopping list and jobs to do list seems to be getting longer instead of shorter!

At the moment hubby is wax sealing the underneath Adam your pics have been helpful so passing on my thanks. He has found some areas's that will need to be looked at this summer by a decent bodyshop. So that too is added to the list :(

7. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Hi
    I bought the mats from SG Petch a couple of weeks ago and the picture is not of the item you receive! The mats are plain black with a red Copen logo on the drivers mat. They are OK but I don't really think they were worth the price charged when compared to others I have seen on ebay etc. They have no heel pad and although they look great in my car they blend into the carpet more than make a statement!

8. toni01

toni01 Copenworld Newbie

Hi
    Thanks for the info! not sure the red logo will work for me as I have tan interior might get in touch with them and ask if can get logo in silver

9. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    When I bought my car the mats you describe (black with red logo) were already in, but I hadn't noticed them.
    I actually left the dealer and went straight to a retail park where I could buy some temporarily untill I could get some decent mats. It was only later when I went to fit the cheap temporary mats that I realised the car already had them in. They certainly don't make a statement, infact they are invisible in my case.:)
    The mats are very good quality and though there is no heel pad my heels haven't left a mark in them. They are much better than mats I've bought over the years for other cars.

10. ClareL

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    I am glad they last well, I kept them as they do go well in the car but was a bit worried about how they will wear. I needed some urgently as I use my Copen for work and have to take children in it sometimes, they think I am very weird when I ask them to take their muddy shoes off before they get in :rolleyes:

11. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Are the mats you got black deep pile carpet with the red Copen logo across the right hand corner and the drivers side can be fixed to the cars floor? I've looked at the mats on sg Petch and they show something else, but you did say that the ones pictured are not what you got.

[​IMG]

12. ClareL

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Yes, I ordered the mats assuming that I would get the ones in the picture but apparently that is just a random picture of a mat in case you don't know what one is:think: "colours and images are shown for illustration purposes only" I was expecting them to bear a passing resemblance to the picture but the ones I received sound like the ones that you have, they fit the car well and look good so I decided to keep them. I will however think twice before I order from SG Petch again.

13. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    :D
    You expect too much expecting them to bear a passing resemblance to the picture. I reckon you're just an awkward customer.:eek::D

14. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    and that picture as the heel pad!

I'm so tempted by a red set, but will that be just too much red?

15. Rocketgirl

Rocketgirl Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen, Vauxhall Mokka and a Mitsubishi L200
    I've seen a company that does Copen mats just like the one's in the pic DaG posted, I wasn't sure if anyone has heard of the company?

LIB&GAF

I see they do a choice of standard or luxury cloth as well as the range of colours including silver-grey, grey check, plain blue or beige as examples, with or without heel pads (trustafox and toni01 I'm thinking of you guys ;))

The only couple of drawbacks is if your Japanese isn't all that hot you might find it a little hard to navigate, that is if you haven't fallen off your seat at the price of them first- they're twice the price of the ones from SG Petch :eek:

Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing, but hey it's your car after all ;)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  16. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    I bought red with black trim off ebay a few years ago. Looks okay to me.

Rex.