1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting Japanazi wind defelctors HELP!

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by fuzzydog, Sep 3, 2010.

1. fuzzydog

fuzzydog Copenworld Newbie

Hi all
    Quick question, how do I remove the wind deflector glass safely so I can fit the smoked wind deflectors I got from ebay?

Also any tips on fitting said deflectors, I noticed a few of you have them

Thanks

James

2. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi James,
    I guess you mean that bit of plastic behind the seats :rolleyes:- then it quite easy to remove it.:)

Remove the two screws from the black plastic corners holding the 'wind deflector' in place.

Move the black corners out-wards towards the roll bars - this should give you a bit more movement.

Then it's a case of a bit of brute force - Press down on the plastic moulding underneath the wind deflector (that has the moulded pocket that holds the bottom of the wind deflector) and pull up on the wind deflector whilst trying to rotate towards the back of the car. It should pop out.:eek:

Hope this helps,
    Rex.

3. fuzzydog

Cheers I will give it a go later today, fingers crossed it is as easy as you say!

James

4. honeyjew

honeyjew Copenworld Member

The top part of the bracket connected to the roll-over hoops actually pops out. The manual suggests you wrap a screwdriver with tape and slip this in the crack to lever it out. I managed to scratch my roll-over hoops a little, but it just popped out.

5. fuzzydog

Well I managed to do it no probs, just ended up taking the two screws out holding the plate then this allowed me enough room to take out one of the screws holding the plastic clip to the metal hoop.

Only REALLY annoying this is I scratched the replacement wind deflector when re tightening the screws, time to get some wet and dry paper on the mark...cest la vie!

James

6. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hummmm, interesting guys.
    I'll try your method next time ;).

I'm always doing something with the car! Recently I fitted an 8" sub woofer and two tweeters (guess I'll have to do a post on that). I've now got a total of 9 speakers! :D

Rex.

7. honeyjew

honeyjew Copenworld Member

I found that the Japanazi wind deflector was slightly thinner than the original and as a result wiggled about making noise, most notiably when the roof is down. I tried to fix it with sticky pads, but never quite got it completely solved. I'm no good at this DIY lark :p

Yes! I want to hear about this - specifically where the woofer went.

8. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    9 speakers?

Is there any room left to actually get in the car? :D;)

9. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Well 9 speakers probably sounds a little more impressive (or horrific, depending on your point of view) than it really is.

3 way Sony speakers in each door - see this post.
    1 more higher level tweeter each side,
    and the sub. Were is the Sub? Under the seat? In the foot well? NO.

I made a new back board between the seats, you know the one with the elastic pocket, from 11mm MDF. Cut a hole in it so the sub mounts in the boot. Just about managed to find a position for the speaker where the roof does not hit it when it retracts - it was close!

I wanted the sub, because you can't here much bass with the roof down! No problem now though ;)

Anyway - sorry getting a bit off topic here. :eek: New thread with pics to follow...

Rex.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  10. Claude Isaac

Claude Isaac Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Mercedes, Chev, Copen
    I'd really like to see this set up.

I want to install high level tweeters but have no idea where to place them without getting in the way.

11. Toucan

Toucan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2009 Daihatsu Copen 1.3 petrol
    9 speakers is a lot. Have fun!