1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First run

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nertman, Mar 17, 2012.

1. nertman

nertman Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    57 plate copen
    Customised MGTF
    Nissan Terrano
    Suzuki GSR
    Kawasaki W800
    Hi all, i was just wondering who is close to Lemington Spa as on Monday pm,mrs nertman will be taking our copen on it's first trip,some 300 mile plus return journey for a work related meeting.
    If you see a champayne copen with a lady driver ,give her a toot.
    Lets just hope she get enough nice weather to enjoy the jouney in the open air

2. nertman

nertman Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    57 plate copen
    Customised MGTF
    Nissan Terrano
    Suzuki GSR
    Kawasaki W800
    end of first run!

Car ran like a dream,got really good mpg and had several waves from other convertibles.
    Journey up was with the roof up(due to contents being carried,security) and the only issue is that there seems to be a knock/rattle or clonk when going over bumps from what appears to be from above the passengers head,anyone else had this?and what's the cure?

Journey back,roof down all the way,no issues at all apart from some lorry drivers tooting and making several jestures!!!!

What a fab little car,glad we bought her

3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Glad the cars running well.
    For your roof noises. Give all the hinges & joints a spray with WD40 to lubricate them up a bit. That stopped my squeaks.
    Also you can tighten up the roof by adjusting the latches. Have a look in the features tab at the top of the forum there's a section on fixing roof rattles.
    Another tip I've used is to get a couple of those rubber finger caps you can get with knobbles on for helping flipping through paper. Like a rubber thimble.
    Put one on each pin on the leading edge of the roof. Where the roof locates into just above the latch points. Helps tighten the roof up a bit. You need to replace them every now & then as they wear through.

4. Kevin Batchelor

Kevin Batchelor Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Great tip - I look out for some just in case