First real problem with my Silvia....

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Cyman45, May 25, 2017.

1. Cyman45

Cyman45 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 659cc
    Went to the shops earlier, Got to shop and started to put the drivers window up, As the window reach top position i heard a twang and the window dropped and wouldn't go back up.

Got home, taken the door card off and the speaker out and found that the metal wire that pulls the window up/down has snapped from the upper position hence the window cannot be pulled up, I also think that the motor may of burned out with me trying to get the window up to lock it in position, Which after getting it up i found it can't be locked in.

Anyone had any similar problem or know if you can just buy a whole unit to replace it or should i look at buying a whole new door to replace it ?

Any help or advice appreciated...

2. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    You should get this looked at by a mechanic if you are not able to identify the problem yourself.
    If the cable is broken, replace the cable, you do not have to buy a whole door :D

Cyman45 likes this.
  3. Cyman45

Cyman45 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 659cc
    I wish it were as simple as replacing the wire its part of the whole regulator unit, Just found one on ebay so will get that and just replace the whole part.

4. Nathan

Nathan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Yep you will need the whole part, this happened to me but it's quite a straight forward job