1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Kevin Batchelor, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Kevin Batchelor

Kevin Batchelor Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi All

I have noticed that my new Copen has a patch on the mid section of the exhaust. (DOn't think the dealer was very straight with me)

Anyway, is it possible to buy a mid section only? Where is the best place to go?

Cheers

Kevin

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    My centre section went on my Copen.
    When I phoned a local exhaust centre for a quote they didn't even list the Copen.
    So I went to a dealer. The tail pipe section had been replaced by the previous owner & was only a few months old. In hindsight I wish I would've bought a stainless system.

My advice would be to check the tail pipe section too. If it's in a similar state I would recommend a complete stainless system. It will be cheaper that a system from the dealer. Find your nearest Powerflow or Longlife dealer. They'll custom make a system for you. Expect to pay about £350 all in.
    http://www.roarpower.co.uk/daihatsu_copen_stainless_steel_exhaust.htm

However, you could buy a system off eBay & get your mechanic to fit it for you. You might still need to buy some gaskets from a dealer though. With the cost of fitting you'll probably won't be far off the cost of a stainless system.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAIHATSU-...Model:Copen&hash=item19c9b0070a#ht_1733wt_922

3. Kevin Batchelor

Car(s):
    Copen
    Thanks Adam - great advice

It sounds like a stainless steel system would be practical and also" look cool"?

I'll use your links to get this done

Cheers

Kevin

4. nertman

nertman Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    57 plate copen
    Customised MGTF
    Nissan Terrano
    Suzuki GSR
    Kawasaki W800
    Longlife exhausts

Highly recommended
    We had the whole system replaced a few weeks back and the company was more than happy to build the system just how we needed it.

We started with strait though,WOW..LOUD..
    Then tried a single small box under the cabin,WOW,LOUD but better

Settled for an additional box by the rear suspension,now nice and quite in traffic(just a nice deep rumble),a nice growl behind you when cruising and a real bark when you hit the gas pedal.

The car feels alot more free reving,makes the sports car feel even better,
    Cost as Adam says £350 all in

5. Kevin Batchelor

Car(s):
    Copen
    Seems like a perfect recommendation. I'll get in touch with them in the near future - can't have a patch on my exhaust!

6. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Just remember to tell your insurance company.