Exhaust

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Kevin Batchelor, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Kevin Batchelor

Kevin Batchelor Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi All

I have noticed that my new Copen has a patch on the mid section of the exhaust. (DOn't think the dealer was very straight with me)

Anyway, is it possible to buy a mid section only? Where is the best place to go?

Cheers

Kevin

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    My centre section went on my Copen.
    When I phoned a local exhaust centre for a quote they didn't even list the Copen.
    So I went to a dealer. The tail pipe section had been replaced by the previous owner & was only a few months old. In hindsight I wish I would've bought a stainless system.

My advice would be to check the tail pipe section too. If it's in a similar state I would recommend a complete stainless system. It will be cheaper that a system from the dealer. Find your nearest Powerflow or Longlife dealer. They'll custom make a system for you. Expect to pay about £350 all in.
    http://www.roarpower.co.uk/daihatsu_copen_stainless_steel_exhaust.htm

However, you could buy a system off eBay & get your mechanic to fit it for you. You might still need to buy some gaskets from a dealer though. With the cost of fitting you'll probably won't be far off the cost of a stainless system.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAIHATSU-...Model:Copen&hash=item19c9b0070a#ht_1733wt_922

3. Kevin Batchelor

Car(s):
    Copen
    Thanks Adam - great advice

It sounds like a stainless steel system would be practical and also" look cool"?

I'll use your links to get this done

Cheers

Kevin

4. nertman

nertman Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    57 plate copen
    Customised MGTF
    Nissan Terrano
    Suzuki GSR
    Kawasaki W800
    Longlife exhausts

Highly recommended
    We had the whole system replaced a few weeks back and the company was more than happy to build the system just how we needed it.

We started with strait though,WOW..LOUD..
    Then tried a single small box under the cabin,WOW,LOUD but better

Settled for an additional box by the rear suspension,now nice and quite in traffic(just a nice deep rumble),a nice growl behind you when cruising and a real bark when you hit the gas pedal.

The car feels alot more free reving,makes the sports car feel even better,
    Cost as Adam says £350 all in

5. Kevin Batchelor

Car(s):
    Copen
    Seems like a perfect recommendation. I'll get in touch with them in the near future - can't have a patch on my exhaust!

6. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Just remember to tell your insurance company.