1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust System

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Samba, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Samba

Samba Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2013 Daihatsu Tonto
    2015 Daihatsu Copen Robe
    Greetings Everyone

I'm seeking opinions on those of you who may have installed a D-Sport Exhaust system or know someone who has. I'm considering the D-Sport quite version approx: 98 db. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Best to all for the coming Holidays.

Samba

2. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

I don't know about the exhaust you are thinking about but I had a Powerflow stainless steel exhaust fitted a few weeks ago.

If anything, it's a little too quiet. It's lost that nice rasp the original system had. It's fine though, and the price was reasonable.

M.

3. Samba

Samba Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2013 Daihatsu Tonto
    2015 Daihatsu Copen Robe
    D-Sport Exhaust

Hey Machinehead

I just installed what D-Sport describes as the silent version (98db) and love it!
    It's three piece stainless system from the head pipe back. Much larger exhaust tips over the stock ones with a nice deep mellow tone.

Samba

4. machinehead

I'm glad you like it Samba. I need a little time with the roof down to let me hear mine properly. It's winter here.
    Mine has wider diameter ends compared to the originals. They look good I think.

I see you're in Japan. I worked in the Kawasaki shipyard in Sakaidi, near Takamatsu, back in the 1990s. I loved Japan. Especially the karaoke. And the food. hahaha

M.

5. Samba

Samba Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2013 Daihatsu Tonto
    2015 Daihatsu Copen Robe
    Hey MM

Hope your Holiday Season was a great one. Solid copy about living in Japan.
    I live on the island called Okinawa which is about 900 miles south of Tokyo. I've lived here since 1984. The summers are super hot and humid, but the local beer "Orion" helps to keep us cool. Speaking of Copen components, I've installed several D-Sport products and have two more items coming later this month. The two best was the D-Sport ECU (expensive 90K yen) and the exhaust, which I wouldn't describe as a silent version, perhaps not as noisy. I'm very happy with my little roadster since I got rid of the roof noise.

Anyway, you take care and hang in there.

Samba

6. bathtowel23

bathtowel23 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen And Honda Civic Type S GT
    Hi machine head i was just wondering where did you get a powerflow exhaust system from and how much did it cost you thanks

7. machinehead

Hi bathtowel23. Welcome to the site. Great username.:)

I got my exhaust fitted by a local company in Belfast who are agents for Powerflow. Check this website for your nearest dealer. It cost me £350, fully fitted with a 10 year guarantee which I thought was a good price.

Check the price of a genuine Daihatsu exhaust and you'll see that this is a cheaper option.

I hope you get sorted.

http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/dealer-locator/

M.

8. bathtowel23

Car(s):
    thanks machinehead

thanks for the reply.

thats alot cheaper than the jap versions is that just for the back box or a full system,and is there any chance of a pic :rolleyes:

thanks

9. machinehead

That price is for the full system.

I couldn't take pics underneath the car. You know how low they are.

There is a thread in the Modifications section showing the ends of the exhausts if that's any help?

M.

10. bathtowel23

Car(s):
    Thanks again

thanks alot machinehead thats a huge saving huh.

it was only the tail pipes i wanted to c anyway sorry if i confused you :think:

i will be checking powerflow out for sure

thanks again :) :)

11. honeyjew

honeyjew Copenworld Member

machinehead - Did you let your insurance company know about the new exhaust system and did it increase your premium at all? I do like the look of those tail pipes :)

12. machinehead

I didn't, and won't be letting my insurance company know about the new exhaust....

You don't work for an insurance company do you? ;)M.

13. honeyjew

honeyjew Copenworld Member

Ahh fair enough then - I think that's something I would worry about if I went down that route. But, you've nothing to worry about, as I don't work for an insurance company ;)