1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Oil Change Interval - 1.3 Copen

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by oldsoldierbill, Nov 2, 2014.

1. oldsoldierbill

oldsoldierbill Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3 2008
    Hi Everyone,

I was under the impression that the engine oil change interval for the 1.3 Copen is every 9000 miles but the service manual (which I've just downloaded from Copenworld) states every 3000 miles/6 months (page A2-2).

I'm not really bothered about the actual interval because I've always changed engine oil more regularly than maintenance schedules suggest but I would like to know which one is correct.

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards

Bill

2. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    I think you may be looking at the 656 engine's manual, I've attached the 1.3 service page from the manual I have which confirms your original thinking 9000 miles... I hope this helps!?
    image.jpg

3. oldsoldierbill

oldsoldierbill Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3 2008
    Hi ClareL,

Thanks for sending that.

I downloaded the 1298cc manual from the Copenworld Directory section again this morning with the same result. It seems like the 1298cc manual available to us is incorrect regarding the engine oil/filter change interval.

Has anyone else out there spotted this?

Regards

Bill