1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECU tuning for an l880k copen

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Sam Minshaw, Oct 5, 2026 at 2:08 PM.

  1. Sam Minshaw

    Sam Minshaw Copenworld Newbie

    Joined:
    Yesterday
    Location:
    England
    Car(s):
    L880k Daihatsu Copen 2006
    Hi all, I'm looking for a tuner (East Midlands or UK-wide) who has tuned the JB-DET before. My car is a 2006 L880K JDM import, 659cc JB-DET, [5MT/4AT], [mileage], stock ECU, running 98 RON. Mods: 71°C low-temp thermostat, straight-through BeFree exhaust, D-Sport air filter and an intercooler with about 180% of stock capacity.

    I want a tune that accounts for those parts, with engine health first: wideband-verified AFR (around 11-11.5:1 at full boost), conservative timing, boost at 0.9 bar or below, and coolant-temp compensation sorted for the cooler thermostat. I'd rather have a safe 80-90 hp than an edge-of-detonation peak.

    Has anyone in the UK had a custom remap or dyno tune on an L880K, and who did it and what did it cost? For D-Sport or Unichip users, did you need any changes after fitting a bigger intercooler and free-flow exhaust? Can anyone recommend a rolling road in Leicestershire, Derbyshire or Notts that will tune a kei turbo and log AFR? I'll share dyno sheets and the method afterwards.

    Thanks!
     

Share This Page