1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving home last night, the oxygen sensor cowl started dangling onto the road

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Anthony Wieser, Jun 11, 2023.

1. Anthony Wieser

Anthony Wieser Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I've managed to remove it so it doesn't damage the wires, but is there any way to find out how it's supposed to be attached. It looks like the base may have been welded to the exhaust, and that the weld has failed.

Any suggestions?

2. Anthony Wieser

Anthony Wieser Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    For reference, here are photos of the cowl and the sensor it covered. IMG_20230611_084020.jpg IMG_20230611_084129.jpg

3. Mr Dastardly

Mr Dastardly Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2008 Copen 1.3
    Exactly the same happened to my 2008 1.3 Copen a few weeks ado. You are correct in thinking the cowl was originally welded to the exhaust and this has failed. I’ve decided not to refit the cowl as I think other the lambda sensor is sufficiently well protected from grounding already. I may re-think when I need to change the exhaust. We recently drove a total of 2000 miles to Marseille and back in the last couple of weeks with no issues, so I’m relaxed I’ve made the right call.Just make sure the sensor cable isnt dangling dowm below the car by cable tying it if required

4. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    My car is gone, but fortunately, I have some ancient archive footage.
    cowl.JPG