Driver's door won't unlock with remote

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Natalie, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Natalie

Natalie Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi
    my remote won't lock/unlock the drivers door, but it does lock/unlock the passenger door and unlocks the boot too. any ideas what it could be?

thanks

2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Can you open the door ok with the handle? so that the mechanism is freely working. If so then maybe its an electrical issue. Motor has failed or broken/rusty elecrical contact on that side/door

3. Natalie

Natalie Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Yes there's no problem with the handle etc. Just wont unlock with the remote. I thought it might be electrical too. I'll take a look on the weekend and see if i can figure it out. Thanks

4. TooCopen

TooCopen Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 0.7
    Hello Nathalie,
    Agree with Trustafox , should be a connection problem around lock motor in right door, or the motor itself.
    Do you have access to Copen Service Manual, available on this (marvellous :D) site ?
    So, if you open Wiring section, and open D-Circuit Diagram, you select D-29 page, you see that both motors used to open/lock left and right doors are controlled the same way, both together, circuit protected by the same fuse (15A - F19, following pages).
    It means, on my personal understanding, that connections around the motor, in the right door, has to be checked first.
    Please give us news of your action ;)
    Hello to everybody on the site :)