1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downpipe from turbo

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Liam Bradshaw, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Liam Bradshaw

Liam Bradshaw Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 659cc turbo
    I'm looking at replacing the downpipe on my copen as the previous owner smashed the cat out so may as well get a proper stainless decat. Are these readily available off the shelf somewhere or is it pretty much a custom exhaust shop kinda job?
    If it's an exhaust shop job I might just get the rest of the exhaust changed as well as I've seen the state of some welds on it 0_0

2. MultiplexMan

MultiplexMan Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    KIA Carnival YP, Copen
    It is a straight forward task for a competent exhaust shop. They will use the cat flanges as templates to make new flanges from matching 304 plate. Good exhaust shops typically have an arrangement with a local machine shop who knocks these out for them. You will need new gaskets.

I ordered a Bill Racing down pipe from J-Works as it was recommended by the fellows at Martian Crate.

http://www.i-jworks.com/turbooutlet.html

3. rubberdez

rubberdez Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi bros & sis I am from Singapore. I desperately need help to SWAP YOUR TURBO MANIFOLD & EXHAUST! I bought a Copen. The previous owner told me everything was original & I trusted him. Since the car is left with slightly more than a year I thought there would not have much concerns. To my dismay I realized that the exhaust and manifold were not the original parts when I sent the car for inspection!!! I have been searching up and down for the Turbo manifold at different workshops but there were non!!! So I am asking for your help to swap your manifold and exhaust with mine just for the inspection. Right after the inspection my workshop will change them back to your car. It probably will take half a day. If you could kindly help me a token of appreciation will be given for your time and kind effort. PLEASE PM me at=+6591407396. Thank you very much!!!

4. MultiplexMan

MultiplexMan Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    KIA Carnival YP, Copen
    @rubberdez - would love to assist but I'm in Australia :(