1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Din Instal

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Nathan, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Nathan

Nathan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hey there
    Going to be fitting a double din stereo, removed the old one and clock and new one on the way. Anyone know if I need a cage kit or can I just use the exisitinf brackets. Any advise greatly appreciated
    Nathan

2. Krusty2fast4u

Krusty2fast4u Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen 660t
    There is a video on YouTube I'm pretty sure you don't have to change the cage just remove the little cage for click and storage unit and your dub din should just slide. Will be doing the same in the near future so let me know how it goes and what double din are you getting?

3. Nathan

Nathan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hmm I found the video showing replacing the single stereo but can't find the double din install. Will keep hunting and will be sure to let you know how it goes. Easy getting the old one out that's for sure

Krusty2fast4u likes this.
  4. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Double din is, pretty much, the same as single din. The cage can house both single and double din radios / headunits. What you need to be careful about is the depth of the new radio as you don't want it sticking out a mile.

That youtube video is me, by the way :)

Krusty2fast4u likes this.
  5. ronalddoes

ronalddoes Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2004 Copen 659 cc, 2009 Sirion 2 1000cc, 2010 Subaru Justy 1000cc
    Salieri likes this.
  6. stickypinkyfinger

stickypinkyfinger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Widearch Daihatsu Copen R
    Race tuned Dinli 450 RS
    Suzuki GSXR600
    Hahahaha. I was just about to say Number 6 will have a video on that and to get hold of him. Beat me to it Number6

7. copenforbusiness

copenforbusiness Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen, CRV, Estima
    I've just done mine. A double din and it looks the part. I also took the opportunity to install a rear view camera and I haven't looked back yet. (pun intended :D)
    All stereos have a bunch of holes where to screw the brackets to accommodate to different cars, it's just a matter of trial and error until you get them in the place you want. The only thing you would need to take into account is the wiring. If you have a stereo that has the two socket ISO thingy the better, as it would just be a matter of unplug the old, and plug in the new. Mine didn't so I had to do a bit of creative soldering. Nothing too complicated. My advice is do it, then see what else you need, it won't be complicated. The videos from @Number6 are the best reference ever :clap:. A must see. As they mentioned, the procedure would be the same pretty much but taking the clock out too.
    Hope this helps. :wasntme:

8. stickypinkyfinger

stickypinkyfinger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Widearch Daihatsu Copen R
    Race tuned Dinli 450 RS
    Suzuki GSXR600
    My stereo with data input so I get 3g all the time. Watching a bit of wildlife on BBC catchup.

Attached Files:

copenforbusiness likes this.