1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Forget Your Blanket and Shovel

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by copenworld, Dec 15, 2009.

1. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    [​IMG]
    There are forecasts of heavy snow across much of the UK later this week, so don't forget to stock up on de-icer!

"What Car?" is reporting claims from the AA that there is a shortage of salt for treating roads in half of UK local authorities. Although the Local Government Association is accusing the AA of "ridiculous scaremongering", there is always a risk of dangerous road conditions, so stay safe out there if you really have to venture out in your Copen!

2. Tringhenge

Tringhenge Copenworld Pioneer

Less salt, less rust ;)

I shall be out and about as always, snow or sun, hail or rain......roof down especially in the snow just to show the MG owners what a convertible actually does ;)

3. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    There speaks a true Copenite :D

4. Scareysue

Scareysue Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen Vivid
    Just to resuscitate this old topic for a moment: how does the Copen cope in snow? I'm pretty experienced with snow driving, but do live up on the West Pennine Moors, where it can get a bit hairy. There are times when the police close the road completely, so it's time to get the walking boots on - so I don't mean when it's that bad, just generally.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  5. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Light weight car, front wheel drive & thin tyres. Shouldn't be too bad in the snow.
    I got stuck in the snow in my Suzuki Cappuccino. That was rear wheel drive though. So I bought a pair of these for it. Didn't need to use them in the end.

http://www.autosock.co.uk/

I've bought a new set for the Copen. I keep them in the boot in the winter. So if it does snow I know I can always get back home.

6. Scareysue

Scareysue Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen Vivid
    That was my thinking too. Never seen the Autosock before. Looks quite a good thing, and simple to fit. I used to keep old scraps of carpet in the boot during winter in case I needed a grip mat to get going. We had a plough stuck up here last winter, the council had to send another plough to rescue it :rolleyes: - but they really shouldn't have tried the "back road".