1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY Servicing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PauliePaul, Sep 30, 2013.

1. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

ok so on wednesday decided to do the service on my copen think it had about 400 to 600 miles left before on the dot with the 3000 miles jobby and all was good oil change filter ect but like you said Adam K the oil filter was a problem big time ! it was about half a cm too wide to get through the gap and in the end i had to take the front bumper off and the air filter box and also the intercooler and the air intake pipes just to get it out... jeez but now it has a proper stubby oil filter now and before putting it all back on cleaned all the pipes and intercooler up so now its better visually then before ;) oil i used was castrol magnetec

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Well done. It's a bugger when someone before you has fitted an incorrect height filter.

3. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Although not applicable to me and never seen this actual space issue, but could you have hit filter with a hammer to collapse it that 0.5 cm. OR get small hacksaw in there.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. princess

princess Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    just got our second copen 04 reg. we also have a brand new vw bettle!!!!
    NO it`s a very very tight space!!!!!!

5. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    Small toffee hammer? :D

6. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Do they still have toffee hammers?
    That's taken me back to the Christmases of my youth. Breaking up the toffee with the hammer and then use it to crack your nuts on the hearth of a roaring fire. We had no iPads or mobile phones but we did have poverty, rickets, TB and of course broken teeth off the toffee. Happy days.:)

7. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    Still the same in the good old NE!